Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I inspect? Looking at this 08 24VE on Friday

Hello,
    Its time to surf so after researching at sub $40k, I’m committed to a Tige, Enzo or a Supra 24ssv. Friday I’m water testing this 24VE. What should I keep an eye out for. Thx for any guidance.
    Rick in NJ
    https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2008-tige-24ve-6311984/

Find out if/when those risers/manifolds have been changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is that a saltwater boat?

Comment

It may be. The gauges are a little rough. Just spoke with Tige NH, $600 labor, $1600 parts for risers and manifolds. Any idea what new gauges cost?

Comment

Check the SpeedSet. Watch carefully as you set it, come up to speed, come off the throttle to pick up, and go again. If the screen blinks, or resets to zero, the speedset panel is going. About a 350 dollar fix

Make sure the taps plate goes all the way up and down.

Look for corrosion at the tower base where it meets the deck.

Check the speakers and amps - if they are the original kicker comps and amps, they may he starting to rot and will blow if they haven’t already. Play a song you like and listen for them rattling in the mid bass. Easy to fix, just $$. This advice includes the tower cans.

Otherwise, make sure it makes good power, have the dealer check the engine codes, and check the oil and vDrive for milk

Good luck bro. Great boat and not a bad price at that. The closed cooling in the picture is not common I don’t think. (I can stand to be corrected here)

Comment

Thank you BrentP and all. If it has good bones I’ll probably buy it. My wife is hard capping the buy in but sneaking in mods and upgrades will be easy (I’ve done it to my cars for years, “no baby, it’s not louder”)

Comment

Originally posted by ourlee View Post
              Thank you BrentP and all. If it has good bones I’ll probably buy it. My wife is hard capping the buy in but sneaking in mods and upgrades will be easy (I’ve done it to my cars for years, “no baby, it’s not louder”)
              ^^classic. If you are doing a water test(highly suggest you do) make sure to try and drain the bilge before test. Then check prop shaft seal and see if you are getting water in the bilge. Fairly easy fix, but good to know if its in your future.

Attached Files

Comment

Excellent, and very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

^^classic. If you are doing a water test(highly suggest you do) make sure to try and drain the bilge before test. Then check prop shaft seal and see if you are getting water in the bilge. Fairly easy fix, but good to know if its in your future.
                  Considering I may have a family member that has a boat with a procharger on a mercury racing 502, I’m stealing this picture. Awesome. Lol

Good luck with the purchase man! I let my wife in on the cost of my stereo after she listened to it while floating in the water drinking white wine. It was a non issue at that point

Comment

Originally posted by BrentP View Post

Considering I may have a family member that has a boat with a procharger on a mercury racing 502, I’m stealing this picture. Awesome. Lol

Good luck with the purchase man! I let my wife in on the cost of my stereo after she listened to it while floating in the water drinking white wine. It was a non issue at that point

Same. Bought an ‘06 with no tower speakers and some in boats that needed to be replaced. After a few trips she agreed on the upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                    X