Livorsi Throttle Assembly - 2007 Tige 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Livorsi Throttle Assembly - 2007 Tige 22ve

I have a 2007 Tige 22ve with a bad potentiometer. After calling dealerships all over the country, Peformance Marine out of Osage, MO, said that Tige told them the Livorsi throttle assembly is a compatible throttle assembly. It just arrived but came with a 3/3 box pin harness and my Marine Power engine has a 6 pin-in-a-row harness. No instructions were included with the new assembly. Can anyone tell me how I can verify that this throttle assembly is really compatible? We can hard-wire it but we don't know which new wires match up to the old wires; and I obviously won't be able to return it if it's not compatible once we hard wire it. Any direction is appreciated!

https://marineenginedepot.com/potent...y-with-bracket

^^the original complete assembly for your throttle from Marine Power(marine engine depot is their parts site). You can also get just the potentiometer for much cheaper. If you use the search function here on the forum you will likely find the part number.

Otherwise if you've already purchased the Livosi and want to make it work I would reach out to marine power directly and see if they can provide any schematics/support. Lots of jet boats run Livorsi throttle with Marine Power engines...

https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/tec...E2%80%99t-push

^^last ditch would be to try the original poster of this thread and have him snag a pic of his harness as it appears he has a Livorsi with a MP engine

Comment

Thank you very much. I'm new and still figuring things out!

Comment

I dont know what wire colors are on you Livorsi but Blue and green are 100% for the trim switch. Cant remember if its the white or black that is the common ground for the trim switch(on your existing boat side plug)....at least eliminate 3 wires if they are all same colors. If not same colors you could pop the switch out to start figuring something out in the meantime.
        Last edited by freeheel4life; 07-14-2020, 05:12 AM.

Comment

The livorsi you have to hardwire it. They do not have a matching connector. You will also have to reflash the ECM to see the new values on the throttle assembly. It is not a plug and play item. The Livorsi is offered as the long term solution as the old teleflex stuff goes way and it allows people to still have the switch on the handle.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

KoolAid freeheel4life Heading down the Livorsi throttle route for a better long term solution and because the teleflex parts are backordered until timbuckto (September). When we test the Livorsi throttle and the boat is off then it test correctly. But when we turn the boat on it stops advancing the throttle, so there seems to be an issue with the ECM calibration and the Electronic Throttle. Any ideas?

The ECM calibration loaded fine, no issues. With the key on/engine off, the voltage for the throttle position and the % for the throttle position move correctly when we apply throttle in forward and reverse. As soon as we turn the motor on, the voltage still works correctly but the throttle % stays at zero and throws a throttle position error code.

We have the wiring diagram and know what pins on the ECM connect to the pins on the throttle. We've tested individual pins on plugs and verified the correct signals from ECM. But when it's running, something is going haywire leading us to think there's still an issue with ECM and calibration.
            Last edited by tomthack13; 07-16-2020, 11:09 PM.

Comment

I'm curious what you mean by ECM cal loaded fine?? Did Marine Power give you a .cal file and you loaded to ECM via diacom??

Comment

Marine Power won't send us a cal file because they don't know what throttle Tige puts in the boat. So we received 2 calibrations from Tige with instructions on identifying the throttle body on the engine to make sure we loaded the correct calibration based on the engine throttle body. We use Diacom to load the calibration file, Tige gave us the Check Sum that we had to verify after the calibration and the Check Sum is correct after loading the calibration file onto ECM. Diacom is the program we're using to measure the Throttle Position %. When we first plugged it all in before installation, it all worked. Then we installed it and the throttle position stays at 0% even though we advance the throttle. We are baffled :0 Thanks for any thoughts you can share.

Comment

Just a quick update: We pulled a throttle body off a different boat and everything worked fine; so we're ordering a new throttle body. Thanks freeheel4life and KoolAid for your help!

Comment

Glad to hear it. Must be throttle body issues in the air. Just had TPS 1 voltage high on a new 450 Raptor that was forcing it to just idle. Grabbed a throttle body off another boat to test and voila. Sounds like you are at a shop?? Where are you located??

Comment

Yeah I've been having Fred Ulrich at Fred's Marine in Layton, Utah, help me out. We couldn't get a hold of Marine Power yesterday to get the correct throttle body ordered. What do you think the chances are of that part being backordered?

Comment

https://marineenginedepot.com/57l-4-...flat-connector

^^Is that it?? Marine engine depot is Marine Powers parts page

Comment

Haha that's the exact one I sent over to Fred, hoping it was correct because it appears in stock. He said "that is a 3 bolt, but one of yours is inside th bore, rather than outside."

Comment

https://marineenginedepot.com/gm-oem...-throttle-body

^^like that one?

If thats the one you may try local GM dealers as its not a marine specific part. You may get it sooner than from MP

Comment

Working...
                            X