Bilge pump location on R20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilge pump location on R20

Another newbie question! I get about an inch or so in my bilge everytime I got out. I turn on the bilge but do not hear anything or see anything come out. It was suppose to be replaced. Where is it located at as I cant see it and is a inch or so of water normal? I shop vac the water out the other day to empty but the inch is back.

Brian

They are usually located between the engine and transom, and the discharge is on the STBD side. Pull the back access and find the discharge and follow it to the pump.

Pump should work both manually and automatically.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

OK so the fuse pop up button is broken. I pushed it in with a tooth pick now it works. Where can I get a replacement part and does this just unscrew to changed it out? Is this a easy repair? Looks like it might be.

Thanks

Brian

Comment

Thats a circuit breaker, and it sounds like it did its job. Can you elaborate on broken?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Look at picture its missing the round black rubber button to push in to reset it. I use a tooth pick and it reset. It works now but would like fix the missing round button.

Comment

Now that I look closer the round piece may be just shoved in there as well. Will have a closer look but can I unscrew that breaker?

Comment

The outside ring threads onto the breaker housing plastic. Im guessing the plastic broke or threads strip out. Pretty sure they are blue sea branded but made by carling.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...30068704&psc=1

Comment

Blowing the pic up, something does not look right, and it could be a chicken before the egg deal. If the breaker was tripped, its button would have been sticking out further then the rest.. This indicates an issue, most likely the pump. But, unless there is a constant dead short, the breaker would easily be reset back to the same level as the rest of the breakers.

A bad pump should not take out a breaker, but a bad breaker will not stop the auto function from working.

Comment

Working...
                X