Opinions about a 2008 Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions about a 2008 Z1

Greetings. I am a first time surfboat purchaser and have come across what appears to be a decent 2008 Z1 in very good condition. I would appreciate any suggestions on what to look for when I go for a demo ride next week. The boat has the 350 Vortex motor and 580 hours. The boat has recently had the ecu replaced (which may or may not be typical for an 08).
    I am sure the wake will be more than adequate for a beginner boarder like myself, and I can get the boat for under 35k. It comes with a double axle trailer as well.
    Any input would be greatly aporeciated.

Thanks

Congrats and welcome to the tige family. General advice given is that you get a test ride in the boat, have a mechanic check it out if you have that ability, and the number one thought is always been choose a dealer that is close by and reputable. For that year of a boat that is average hours and even a little low. Be sure to check the vinyl closely as that age of a boat surely is getting a little worn. You may also consider other models that are a little larger if you have the ability to tow one with a large enough vehicle. In that price range there are many others to choose from my personal recommendation would be to look at the 24ve of those years. They are out there for that price or less and you will have a much larger boat and the ve puts out a very respectable wave.
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

List of things I would check or ask about:
      1. Steering cable is not stiff when steering
      2. TAPS plate, speed set control, engine blower, bilge pump all operate correctly
      3. Check most recent fuel filter/water separator, transmission, and water pump impeller service dates
      4. Make sure prop shaft seal has no leaks when the boat is actually moving
      5. Check the tower for cracks in the welds
      6. Look in all of the storage compartments for moldy carpet (tells you how well they actually took care of the boat)
      7. Check the gel coat of the hull and underneath the boat (Tige' uses excellent finishes and an 08 shouldn't show that much fading, maybe a few spider cracks here and there)
      8. The upholstery for the most part should be in good condition if they kept the boat covered in transport and not sitting out in the hot sun.
      If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I live near where Malibus, Axis, Supra,Moomba and MC's are made, but rarely see a Tige`. As such, I am not familiar with the brand.

Comment

Check the prop, strut and tracking fin(s) for signs of damage....nicks, dings bent, misaligned, etc. Also look at how centered the shaft at the thru hull....look on the shaft to see if it has rubbed on the thru hull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X