Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just bought a boat! '07 22ve. I pick it up Monday and am stoked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a boat! '07 22ve. I pick it up Monday and am stoked!

Well the 'rona has been crazy for finding boats. I searched CL like 2x a day everyday for a month and finally found one that I was early enough on. One thing I didn't appreciate is how big of a pain it is to buy a boat on the weekend, and in a different state. Anyway, I will take some picks when I get it home. I am super excited!

The only thing wrong with it I noticed is the speedset wouldn't 'set' when we took it for a test drive. The correct speed was indicated but the set indicator stayed at 0.0. Any ideas? Anyway, I have a long couple of drives the next couple of days, but am excited to be able to hit the lake!

Congrats, I had a deposit on a 22ve then the seller backed out, said he couldn't afford his new boat, then jacked the price 5k. I got an even better deal on a 22v and love it. My perfect pass didn't work when I got it. I went online and found the manual, did some troubleshooting per the manual and got it working. That said I don't is it often.
    Does the boat have any upgrades for ballast or prop?

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Comment

Prop is stock, there is manual ballast right now, I may plumb it for auto though.

Comment

The panels on these start to go on these boats. Mine will let me set it, and it’ll show speed, then randomly reset to zero (it’ll hold speed for the rest of the run then you need to reset it). idboating has a new panel for you if yours is not working (for a small fee )

That being said - is it showing current speed? Or set speed? Is the speedometer working?

Not impossible things to fix anyways. Once you get better symptoms let ID know and he can validate the new panel will fit. (Otherwise it may be a paddle wheel issue or something)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The digital read out does show current speed. The set speed can't be changed from 0.0 though. Everything else works.

Comment

Yup. Bad speed set panel sounds right but I’d let ID weigh in to be sure.

Comment

Also, for the record, we love love our 22ve. I joke with my wife about buying another boat - she refuses to even look. It does everything we need it to do (short of being a little heavier in heavy chop which is why I want a 25 next). So far it’s been very dependable, plenty of power, extremely usable.

Well purchased man. The issue with the speed set is relatively minor in the grand scheme.

Comment

22ve is an awesome boat. we still talk to this day that we should have never sold ours. we loved it.....

good luck.
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

2007 24VE. My speed set up and down buttons stopped working. So I got up to speed hit center button to set speed. What system is this actually? Tried to find manual online. What options do I have for upgrades?

Comment

It’s the panel that goes bad. IDBoating has a bunch of details on why. I haven’t heard of anybody changing the whole system per se (it integrates with your ECU) but just fix the control and you are gravy.

Comment

Working...
                    X