Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EIDB Dual Battery system on 2013 TIGE R20? Battery size and cranking power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EIDB Dual Battery system on 2013 TIGE R20? Battery size and cranking power?

How do I know if my TIGE came with the EIDB option for two batteries? Is there anyway I can visually tell I have this option? If not what battery would you folks recommend I get since my shitty battery the broker threw in died. What size and cranking power should I get?

Thanks,

Brian

You can contact Tige with the HIN, and they can tell you if the boat was built with the dual battery EIDB.

For replacements, A basic group-24 cranking will usually do the trick for the main side. For the house, id depends on the expected loads and how long you would want to run those loads, with engine off. The size, in terms of Ah, of the house bank, would dictate if an on-board charger was needed. This will have a huge impact on battery life.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So I am going to asked some newbie questions. The main side is just for the cranking battery correct. So a 24 with say 650CCA would be good? If I do not have a EIDB and I only use one battery would you recommend something else such as maybe a GEL Type or Lithium? I have a a decent Clarion stereo with four Wet sound speakers and a 650 amp and sub. No tower speakers' But I am not a big sit and crank the music guy and if I did it would be for a quick lunch before I wakeboard again. But since I live on the lake I usually just dock it and come in and eat. So mostly the boat and music are playing while we play on the water not much no water and and music playing time. I am sure there is a way to do both without the EIDB but I am know eher near that smart yet as you can tell.

Comment

Does TIGE have a specific email or phone number to contact them about the EIDB question?

Comment

There was a time when the EIDB was an options, but it was automatically included when certain options were added, such as full audio option, ballast, etc, where checked on the build sheet.

4 in-boats and an amp I do not think was a factory option. I think all boats with woofer and amp, got 6 in-boats.

Your boat may have the Toge EIDB or if it has 2 batteries, it could be an aftermarket dual bank setup done at the dealer level.

Id call the tige toll free number. Im sure whom ever answers, can get you to the right person to run the HIN. Heck, ask for Justin Herring.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X