Taps Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps Instructions

I just bought a new 2019 ZX1. I have been out twice now on the boat and honestly do not know the best way to dial in the perfect wave. So far, I am a little disappointed in contrast with my experience on a Nautique and the interface to set up their wave. Is there a good tutorial on how to best work TAPS?

https://youtu.be/pl9W6UtAPDc

Here's a video Tige made.

Quick and easy version is fill all ballast but leave some out on you non surf side(80%). Taps3 at 4, Taps(center plate) 4.

1 is full deployment of Taps 3 and 10 is least amount of deployment so you less and less plate in the water the higher you go in numbers. You don't necessarily just want to surf with full deployment either if you can get the wave to shape up at a 3 or 4. Running plates a 1 will start to lift the transom of the boat out of the water and wave will have less push.

Typically bow high will net you a shorter pocket but taller wave. Bow down will typically net you longer wave but not as tall.

Comment

I have a 2019 R23 and created this doc last year based on what I learned on this forum....majority of the info originated by Jason at Germanmarine, I just wrote it in my words so I understood what to do....

The Lenco actuator does not have encoders to measure its position, so the deployment angle for a given setting can change depending water force pushing on the plates. This can lead to inconsistent deployment angle if you try to increase the deployment while moving. This is one of the reasons why the 2020’s use a new actuator that as I understand it has encoders or some method of measure true deployment position.

Setup Ballast:
      1) Fill ballast 100% all around (visual verfiy bags are and oveflowing, plug to prevent passive draining)
      2) Move people/lead around until 2deg roll towards surf side and 2deg of pitch up is achieved at rest. If roll and pitch cannot be achived, first try to drain non-surf side bow.
      Test Run#1 without surfer:
      1) Set surf plate to 1
      2) Set center plate to 4/5
      3) Set speed to 11.2-11.4mph (or to your preference)
      4) Put in gear and throtle up like normal with surfer
      5) Once at speed, make note of wave
      6) Increae surf plate setting by +1 and observe wave
      7) Repeat step 6 until wave is no longer clean, while keeping track of best plate postion
      8) Reduce throtle until stopped and put in neutral
      Test Run#2 without surfer:
      9) Set surf plate to best postion noted in steps 6-7 above
      10) Set center plate to same as step 2
      11) Set speed to same as step 3
      12) Put in gear and throtle up like normal with surfer
      13) Once at speed, make note of wave. Wave shoud be same as Test Run#1 best wave,
      13a) if not, stop test, reduce surf setting by -1 and repeat Test Run #2( the thought here is the actuator needs more time to achieve best deployment angle found in step 6-7)
      14) Step 14 assumes best wave has been achieved, so proceed on, if not something fundamentally must be wrong. Try again or go into troubleshooting mode on TO Forum (lol)!
      15) Adjust center plate to clean up prop wash and/or to achieve desired wave height/length. If you can't find wave height or length you want go back to Ballast Setup or step 3 to change speed.
      Setup Complete, put surfer in the water and follow the following guidelines:
      1) NEVER adjust surf plate while underway except when following Test Run#1 procedure

Please note these settings/angles are for a R23....a ZX maybe slightly different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Bamer; 07-04-2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Hopefully you get it figured out. I have gone behind my cousins brand new G23 and I like my R20 wave more. Now it was a new boat to him and as soon as we get it dialed it should be better than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X