08 RZ4 Key Replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

08 RZ4 Key Replacement.

Had my truck broken into. Stole my only boat key. Has anyone ever rekeyed this model. Cost? Looks like I can take the cylinder out any tips would be great

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

With the HIN, your dealer should be able to get you a replacement key, but you could likely install a new ignition key switch cylinder with a couple of keys, quicker then waiting on a key from Tige.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I don't have a dealer anywhere near me. I'm going to have use a locksmith to get it done. $$$

Comment

Then just go buy a new key switch assembly! takes about 30 mins to swap.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I thought it might be possible. I will spend some time figuring it out. I wish I could do it in 30 minutes. I'm not mechanically inclined as most are. Lol!

Comment

I just replaced the cylinder. Its was like a $30 fix. Took old one out, went to local locksmith shop, got new one, plugged new one in. Done! Just glad I have a dumb boat and not these touch screen or chip keys.

Comment

^^bots are getting smarter lol

Comment

Originally posted by dougmi78 View Post
                I just replaced the cylinder. Its was like a $30 fix. Took old one out, went to local locksmith shop, got new one, plugged new one in. Done! Just glad I have a dumb boat and not these touch screen or chip keys.

Have you tried to speak with your dealer about this situation?

I highly suggest buying a double-locking system ensuring that opening the vehicle from the inside is no longer possible. I will list several locks with anti-theft systems:
                1. Slam lock- locks the card when you shut it. Though, keep the keys always with you.
                2. Steering wheel lock- the vehicle can't be steered and driven, as well.
                3. Wheel lock- keeps the vehicle in one location.
                4. Hitch lock- keep someone from driving off with your trailer or using your vehicle to drive off with someone else’s.

Now it is essential to choose the lock that fits technically your car. Click for more info locksmith n4 about the type of locks.

Last edited by patischof; 12-06-2022, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X