1999 tige 2100 any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 tige 2100 any good?

Can anyone tell me if this would make a decent wakeboarding and wakesurfing boat for my family? My son grew up behind a pontoon and he recently made the ski/wakeboard team. I recently came across this one which is at the top of my budget. From what I have read it is going to be a good upgrade. I just wanted to confirm. We tried to find a V drive, but it is just way out of the price range. Thanks for reading.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/1999-Ti...in-105356.aspx

I know you say this boat is at the top of your budget, but I ask how long do you plan to use the boat?

Reason being, boats are not like cars. You can buy a well cared for say 2010-2014 boat. Use it for 4 summers and sell it for pretty much the same price as you paid for it. I did this with my first boat and a friend did it with his first boat. The key is getting a good deal on a well cared for boat and taking good care of it yourself.

The overall cost are the interests you pay on the loan, maintenance, storage and maybe $1k of depreciation ....just a thought you might consider...the maintenance of a much older boat could be much much higher than $1k

If you don’t believe me, look at the price difference between those years of a couple different models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In good condition, sure, great first boat. That thing looks pretty beat up. It looks like it’s been sitting outside for awhile. Somebody cleaned the interior but look at the motor! The couldn’t at least vacuum that? If you’re looking for a project ugh, it’s rough. If you’re looking to take the family out on the local lake, I wouldn’t. If you want to get something for the kid to train behind, you could skip the cosmetic issues and offer 4k for it and replace/rebuild the drivetrain. Not to mention that trailer. It’ll need...everything.

A tow boat in your price range is hard to find in really good condition. Be patient. Try to find a 2150 if you can. That is unless you can’t find a 21v.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
      X