2017 RZX3 Prop Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miller View Post
    Hi, I have a '17 RZX3 w/ the 575SC engine and am looking for a 2nd prop. We primarily surf and run a pretty heavy boat (1800# PNPs + 600# lead). I'm not overly concerned about the cruising speed and are pretty close to sea level in MN. I currently have a 15" x 14.25" (ACME 2249) and run about 4800-5000 rpms while surfing at 11.8mph and would like to lower the rpms is possible. Any recommendations?

Note: I have a total of 1800# in my pnp bags (2 900# bags).
    I have the same boat, same engine, boat had the 2247 on it I think and was running really high RPMs, I contacted wake makers and they helped me out, here is their response when I first inquired, I went with the 2277 and it has worked great the past 2 years.

"Thanks for contacting WakeMAKERS! You will want to go with the Acme 2277. That will do exactly what you are looking for. Its going from a 15"x14.25", and stepping up to 15"x15.75", which is quite a bit."

Comment

I talked with the ACME engineers and they recommended the ACME 3145 16.00" x 13.00". It is on order and should be arriving later this week.

Comment

What rpm did he say you would will be running now? I’d think you will still be at least 4500or more. If your goal was to drop to 4K or less, I figure you would need a higher pitch...say 15”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Bamer; 06-30-2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised the one inch diameter jump is going to clear the hull.

Comment

I think I’ve seen 16 or larger on rzx3 on this forum...are the 18-2020 different than 2017?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I currently have 1.5 inches of clearance so I’ll be left with an inch. Here is the photo I sent acme on my current clearance.

Comment

Nice!! Good to know. Thanks for posting!!

Bamer, the 2:1 runs a different strut and shaf so they can clear a 17" no problem...wasnt sure what the 1.5 would clear..

Comment

Working...
                X