Need Taps actuator help 2003 22i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Taps actuator help 2003 22i

My business partner purchased my old 2003 22i last year and is heading out to Powell next week with it. He said there was a problem with the TAPS plate he discovered yesterday, I tested it today out of the water and the gauge indicates it moves through the range 1-8 ok but it doesn't stop when you release the button, you can hear it grinding away until you flick the throttle stick a couple times and it stops, almost like there is a wire short or loose connection in the throttle stick.

Looking at the taps plate it appears to only move about 1.5-2" through the entire range, seems like not enough. Owning that boat since 2011 I don't know how much that taps plate moves but in the 1 taps position (all the way down) it is almost flush with the bottom, maybe a tiny bit lower, my RZX3 taps plate sits well below the bottom when in the fully down position so I think it may not be working correctly.

Due to time constraints and no dealer in Vegas he is willing to purchase and swap parts to get up and going ASAP. Anyone have any suggestions or part numbers for the Lenco actuator or sending unit? I don't even know if there is a sending unit or where it is located. Thanks for the help!

It sounds like the travel is good.
    https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/tec...cal/19149-taps
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

If it needs a switch, this is the best I could find.
      https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/gen...witch-for-taps
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Sounds like the contact in switch itself are sticky. 8 should fully retracted and 1 is full deployment. I could be tripping but I thought 03 was Bennett not Lenco....but Tige switched between the two for a while. Can you post a pic of your actuator??

Honestly sounds like things are working, especially if its a Bennett. The plate geometry plus the hull shape was much more different than your RZX3

Comment

Thanks for the help and suggestions, It is a Lenco for sure, big Lenco sticker on it but we think we found the source of the problem, the wire going to the switch was very tight and moving the throttle over the years caused the insulation to wear through shorting out the actuator wires, I think it will work fine once we fix the shielding.

Comment

Working...
          X