Throttle issues help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle issues help!!!

I have a rz2 tige 2007. When throttle is down and rpm around 3000 the boat stops moving forward and there is a backfire noise coming from the engine.

I have replaced the throttle body, throttle potentiometer, replaced Paddle wheel with GPS, reflashed the ECM. There are no error codes and nothing have worked to fix the problem.

Any ideas? Anyone else experience this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lean conditions can cause backfires in intake. Possible fuel pump(s) is the issue.

Comment

I had similar issues that plagued me for many years from time to time. Most likely it is related to your fuel pump or the wiring that connects to them being loose. I would start with a fueling problem. Change the filter and carefully check the wires. Also check fuel pressure when it is happening. My issue turned out to be a wire on the pump that was loose. Caused many headakes.
      Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

And mine is an 07 ve.
        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

My mechanic is convinced its something in the throttle area. I discover that If I move the throttle ever so slightly I can get to speed without an issue. He also noticed that the back of the throttle touched the side of the boat from the inside. Wonder if this was a design mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X