Reduced fuel economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reduced fuel economy

My 2013 RZ2 pcm ex343 is slowly getting worse with fuel. After prop and spark plugs what else should I look at/replace to help improve fuel economy?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

No suggestions?

Comment

Oil change. Fuel control cell filter change. Are you running the same prop?? Add any ballast/lead?? Is you bilge staying dry or are you carrying around extra water weight. Those year shaft seal collars will walk up and leak at shaft.

Just out of curiosity, what is your metric for.measuring fuel consumption??

Comment

Nothing has been added but I also wondered about fuel quality. When I go up north I get better fuel consumption. Unfortunately I only go up with the boat once a year. Where I live is the reformulated **** but I'd have to drive an hour away to get the good stuff. I guess I could make a run to see if the gas makes that much of a difference. I understand there are many variables but wanted to see if I was missing something.

Thank you

Comment

What about water in the bilge?? Things staying dry??

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
            What about water in the bilge?? Things staying dry??
            Yes everything stays very dry

Comment

Well I'm out of ideas then. I dont really keep track of fuel. It's just the cost of boating. Come jet boating here on the rivers with old carbed big blocks. 12-13 gallons an hour is good fuel economy lol

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                Well I'm out of ideas then. I dont really keep track of fuel. It's just the cost of boating. Come jet boating here on the rivers with old carbed big blocks. 12-13 gallons an hour is good fuel economy lol
                Oh I totally agree! I'm just making sure everything is in tip top shape. I'm anal about maintenance and cleaning lol

Comment

Did you change the prop? Your original post says prop and spark plugs??
                  If you changed props from say a 537 to a 1235 your rpm’s will shift at given speeds causing increased or decreased fuel “economy”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cbath View Post
                    Did you change the prop? Your original post says prop and spark plugs??
                    If you changed props from say a 537 to a 1235 your rpm’s will shift at given speeds causing increased or decreased fuel “economy”

The fuel got slightly better with the new prop. I was noticing the decline before changing

Comment

What is your fuel economy vs what was your fuel economy?
                      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

So I filled up with the non-reformulated fuel and it made a huge difference. The gas around here is just ****, totally worth the hour drive for the good stuff!!

Comment

Nonreformulated? Like ethanol free?

Comment

Originally posted by BrentP View Post
                            Nonreformulated? Like ethanol free?

Correct, where I live the gas is **** but supposed to help with pollution, blah, blah.

Comment

Working...
                            X