Help! Bought a new "protect all" cover for Rzx2 from tige........won't fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Bought a new "protect all" cover for Rzx2 from tige........won't fit

Ordered the new cover as my new boat slip requirs me to put the tower down to raise up enough out of the water. So i had the velcro split cover, and decided to order the complete cover from tige.........followed the lame instructions with tower down..........there is not enough slack for the ratchets all the way out to even get over the rear cleats.........Does anyone else have this? The box said 17-19 RZX2 with E tower and Hurricane.......have no idea what Hurricane is, but that's my boat. Anyone have this cover and did i just get a bad one?

Did you flip your bimini up and lower the tower all the way down until motors stopped??

Comment

I did.......i think. The tower for sure is all the way down. it really doesn't show how high you shoudl set the bimini.......but it comes with a rod and a block to connect and extend to the highest point (not really that high)..........still woudl not stretch. Window glass open. Board racks are rotated in........didn't appear to be a ton of slack. i had my wife and another couple with me. We jacked with it for an hour trying to get it to stretch...........any other tips are appreciated. There is no 20 or 21ft version of this boat during that time period............and besides the rear ratchets, no other spot for the ribbon to get kinked up.

Comment

The only other thing I can think of if you have the tower all the way down is sometimes the vents get snagged up on the window and it keeps you from being able to pull it all the way down over the transom.

Comment

We had a 2018 RZX2 with the protect all...
          It was snug and sometimes the ratchets in the back would really be stubborn - Make sure those are really all the way out.
          also Bimini top needs to be pushed in completely... Should be about even with the front windshield when folded down

Comment

So i apparently got one that was a bad batch.....someone else had the same issue as well....not enough slack on the ribbon.....picking up the replacement today.....crazy

Comment

Working...
            X