2013 R20 Sklon Speakers question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 R20 Sklon Speakers question

OK still trying to figure out this boat. If I turn on the radio should the waketower speakers just come on or is there something I have to do? I know dumb question but I can't them them to work.

Thanks,

Brian

Should just work. Is there a zone controller near the steering that adjusts the output to different speakers? Are the amps all powered on?

Comment

Anything other then Wet Sounds brand speakers would be aftermarket, so it hard to say if some just replaced the factory wet sounds speakers with Sklons or did they do a complete speaker and amp install. If the later, there is no telling how or what the installer did.

If the amp's normal power light is on, then its got voltage and is awake. If not, time to break out a volt meter and start testing at the power cables and turn-on terminal.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So the amp is under the passenger side console. Does the amp also run the normal boat speakers or just the tower ones? I assume there should be some speaker wires coming down the tower correct? I assume they have to have power so does that come from the amp or another source that maybe I have to turn on? So I thought I might be able to follow them down the tower but I did not see any coming out when I lifted up the tower. I do know how to check voltage. I will try some of these suggestions and if I cant find a solution I will take some pics and see if that might help you guys solve the newbies problem.

Comment

As CHPTHRIL said, it depends on how the system is wired. My in boats are run off the head unit while the tower and sub have separate amps. The wiring should be running through the tower on the left. Mine exit just below the tower and then run into the tower and go up. The speakers should only need speaker wire, no power. If you look at the amps, there should be green lights on that indicate power. If another color (red, amber) there could be an issue with power, grounding, or remote on connection. Pics would definitely be helpful.

Comment

Inkedinterior_LI.jpg
            Red circle is where my wiring goes up into the tower.

Comment

I can't edit my post above, but some wires actually enter the tower from under the mount, so that may be the case with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahawks13 View Post
                So the amp is under the passenger side console. Does the amp also run the normal boat speakers or just the tower ones? I assume there should be some speaker wires coming down the tower correct? I assume they have to have power so does that come from the amp or another source that maybe I have to turn on? So I thought I might be able to follow them down the tower but I did not see any coming out when I lifted up the tower. I do know how to check voltage. I will try some of these suggestions and if I cant find a solution I will take some pics and see if that might help you guys solve the newbies problem.
                In the OEM setup, there would be two amplifiers IF the boat was built with tower speakers. One large 6 channel amp would power the 6 in-boat speakers and a smaller 2 channel amp to power just the tower speakers.

Aftermarket? No telling.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chpthril, this statement and follow on question for you may help the OP. If the boat was orginally sold at the old Tige Water Sports in Corona, CA, they didn't come with Wet Sounds speakers. Everything at that time (including my old 2014 Z1) came with Skylon. I think Chris Ainsworth (the old GM of TWS) had some sort of agreement where Tige would send the boat to TWS, and they would install the Skylons instead. So my question for you Mike, and what I don't remember... Do you know if Tige sent everything set up (OEM) without just the speakers? Or were all stereo set ups done by TWS during those years?

Comment

So I found the wires and it appears they run to the Clarion amp. I also found two fuses and was hoping one was bad but both looked good. But I noticed I do not see any lights coming on when I turn on the radio and power. So I wonder if amp is dead? I going to see if there is any power coming to amp. Would the radio and other speakers still work without the amp? They put in a new battery and did not hook up red wire just black to battery from the amp. I put red wire on top still to see what happened nothing. Pictures coming.

Comment

Cant get photos to upload?

Comment

D&P,

More then likely, TWS just left the "tower of power" box unchecked on the built sheet, and ordered their boats with no tower speaker option. That would probably mean, no amp either. It would be odd, but not unheard of, for a boat builder to do a partial or 1-off option. Meaning install the amp and not the pods.

Seahawks13,

Yes, the head unit can work independent of the amp. Any speakers wired to the head unit, will also work, independent of any amp.A Clarion brand amp, would also indicate an aftermarket setup. This makes it tough to tell you exactly where to look and for what.

Comment

There will also be a wire (Typically blue) going from the amp remote slot running to a similar wire from the head unit. If you have a multimeter, check for voltage at the positive first. Next, check the remote on wire when you turn on the head unit. If you have spare fuses, replace them also as I've had some that look good but still had a break in them.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                            D&P,
                            It would be odd, but not unheard of, for a boat builder to do a partial or 1-off option. Meaning install the amp and not the pods.
                            Skiers will do this.. we had too many Rev10s in inventory and rigged new arrivals with them. Moombas came in with amp and tower wiring done. Just mount the 10s and go. Pretty sweet stuff

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

Skiers will do this.. we had too many Rev10s in inventory and rigged new arrivals with them. Moombas came in with amp and tower wiring done. Just mount the 10s and go. Pretty sweet stuff
                              Malibu used to do this for my buddy Eddie when were were building them out with Kicker amps, speakers and woofers. Then the last couple, they said no more. You either get the complete option or nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X