Surfboat responsibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SONIC View Post
    Just this past weekend I had my wife behind me surfing and a pontoon/deck boat came up behind us and just cruised 40-50 feet behind her. I was livid.
    I handed the wheel to someone else in the boat and stood on the back of the boat and pointed at him and signaled him to get the hell out of my wake.

He eventually noticed and swerved out of the wake within 25 feet of my surfing wife and flipped me off.
    We couldn't even throttle back, he was close enough he may well have run over my wife if she had fallen or if we pulled the throttle.

People are so stupid it just makes me cringe.
    This happened to us too with my 6 year old behind the boat. I don’t know how far I can jump but he’s lucky I’m too fat to go over there and show him a little Texas love tap. Same situation. Pontoon cruising right behind us. He didn’t flip me off just stared like an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
      Sounds like the Pavati sank first, and owner tried to use his truck and jeep at his lake house to attempt to recover. Kind of seems like someone trying to use insurance to get out of a 300k boat payment....or just someone with a lot more dollars than sense
      Is buying a Pavati worth all the internet grief you’d get?

Drove by one leaving a marina last week. Everything was solid black and it had these crazy speakers in the bow built into the top deck. Dunno who would hear them besides me driving past. Every surface. Black. I bet that’s fun in august.

Comment

We carry an air horn in the extra driver cup holder so we can blast jet skiers that get too close. I have been carrying it for years and works every time. Just blasted some yesterday. They always stop and then come over. We then explain to them the problem while someone on the boat takes pics of their registration. We have never needed that. Air horns are so loud they always stop, always.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentP View Post

Is buying a Pavati worth all the internet grief you’d get?

Drove by one leaving a marina last week. Everything was solid black and it had these crazy speakers in the bow built into the top deck. Dunno who would hear them besides me driving past. Every surface. Black. I bet that’s fun in august.

I've heard rumor that they've had welds pop. Im more inclined to believe plugs out. Theres pics of another one recently sunk in what looks like Oregon/PNW floating around IG too. They got that one to shore and tied off at least

Here's my thing with them. They started and made their reputation on drift boats
          https://www.pavatimarine.com/

Making the leap into the wake segment is a big jump up. Then to come in at Paragon,X26 etc $$$, with no dealer network to support and service your brand is crazy.
          Last edited by freeheel4life; 06-23-2020, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
            Nick, I didn't mean for my post to sound like there was no hope and we should give up. I was mostly venting of my frustration of sales people in general, that they don't care. To keep it local, how many salesmen in your local dealership even own a boat? Maybe a couple, if any? They likely have no idea how bad it is out there. It would be awesome though if they took out their perspective buyers on a test run and at least explained some of the spoken/unspoken rules of the water. Start teaching the new generation and hope that over time it becomes the new norm.
            No worries man. I kinda jumped down your throat there. Sorry.

I know the owner of the biggest dealer here is always out. I see him all the time riding his disc. He’s a friend of a friend. I think I might ask him what his protocol is with first timers next time I’m in there.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

I've heard rumor that they've had welds pop. Im more inclined to believe plugs out. Theres pics of another one recently sunk in what looks like Oregon/PNW floating around IG too. They got that one to shore and tied off at least

Here's my thing with them. They started and made their reputation on drift boats
              https://www.pavatimarine.com/

Making the leap into the wake segment is a big jump up. Then to come in at Paragon,X26 etc $$$, with no dealer network to support and service your brand is crazy.
              I was fortunate enough to ride on one of the first pavati's back in '12. they did get their start from driftboats. it was the old mans business. the son is the one driving the wakeboats.
              the one I surfed was a pretty crappy surfride as they were still working out the bugs BUT the fit/finish would put ANY wakeboat to shame. all the wiring was loomed, ziptied and everything was run like a high end stereo install. the pieces/parts used were like a whos who of offshore cig boat racing. they didn't skimp on any of the parts and the welds on the aluminum were top quality. consistent swirls evenly sized and beads were money. that initial unit tho took on water in the back end on the "rodeo chair" every time the boat stopped to pick up a rider. 2 bilge pumps that went non stop and had to stop surfing for a few minutes each set to allow the bilge to catch up.

now the son on the other hand... all I'll say was that he was maybe 26 or 28 and had just as much liquid in aluminum cans as there was aluminum in the boat iirc I think he "slept" both nights on the boat tied up at the marina. needed a few more birthdays before being given the keys to the kingdom imo.
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by whiteflash watersports View Post
                We carry an air horn in the extra driver cup holder so we can blast jet skiers that get too close. I have been carrying it for years and works every time. Just blasted some yesterday. They always stop and then come over. We then explain to them the problem while someone on the boat takes pics of their registration. We have never needed that. Air horns are so loud they always stop, always.
                Love it. Air horn on order!!!! I guess the second cup holder next to the driver was destined for an air horn......

Comment

^^^ I keep one handy as well.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post

Love it. Air horn on order!!!! I guess the second cup holder next to the driver was destined for an air horn......

Air horn came in and within 2 hrs of being on the water for the first time with it, I had to use it on a jet ski. I was pullin my 7yr old wakeboarding and this idiot crosses my wake starboard to port about 60ft behind my son. I whipped out the horn and laid into him as he then proceeds to overtake me on my port side about 40ft of my port.... he looks at me like......uh? What? Oh guess I’m an idiot.....sorry........5min later is see him talking to his wife on their 2nd ski, then they leave not to be seen again......good Bye a-hole!!!!

I consider him a little bit more educated now.....

Thanks for the air horn idea.......it was awesome to send a message!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X