Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige 24ve Bimini and stereo questions

Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted. I had a z3 new back in 2012 loved every minute of it. Got relocated from Calgary to Houston a couple years ago and sold it. Most recently got some property on the trinity river and have the surf fever. Took a different approach this time and bought a well looked after sacked out 2006 24ve !!

it needs a good stereo and I’m thinking two rev410 on tower powered by sd2 then was curious if I can fit the 8“ coaxial in the cabin if so would like to do 6 and tune not sure what to use for power ? Also curious on sub recommendations

also curious how the JL tower and 7.7 interior speakers stack up to the wetsounds ?

Lastly the boat come with the small Bimini top but I have seen other 24ve with two Bimini and one being a large one over the back of the boat, where do I order this ?

Any other tips and tricks I’m wide open for ! Excited to get back on the water.
    8779CC77-AEC0-437F-B803-2380C8E4C396.jpeg94CE22EE-2604-4195-B390-DEA067CA1FAE.jpeg

I’m thinking two rev410 on tower powered by sd2
    SDX4 or SDX6 and have 2 extra amp chnls left over for a pair of in-boats.

An 8" is not going to fit in the recessed speaker spots above the cup holders. The Wet Sounds Revo and Recon 8's have a 9" OD. The Kicker has an 8" OD and it will not even fit. I do not believe a 7.7 will either, would be close.

7.7 interior speakers stack up to the wetsounds
    Since Wet Sounds does not offer a 7.7, you would have to make the comparison to either the 6.5 or the 8. Neither is really fair. A 7.7 is a little larger then a 6.5 and Wet Sounds 8 is much larger. Surface area almost ALWAYS wins.

All the Wet Sounds Revo series speakers include RGB LEDs and there are 8 grill style/color options. Their Revo woofer grills can also be matched, and there is an LED kit for the woofer grill as well.

A 12" woofer in a ported enclosure, something in the 600-1000 watt RMS range at least.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Many thanks !!

Any feedback on quality of Rev 410s compared to the JL tower speaker offering ? Also for the Rev 410 do they require two channels each ?

What do you recommend for interior speakers and powering them ?

Also anyone have any leads on getting the larger bimini for the rear of the boat ?

Comment

Originally posted by Travism View Post
        Lastly the boat come with the small Bimini top but I have seen other 24ve with two Bimini and one being a large one over the back of the boat, where do I order this
        I think https://greatlakesboattop.com/ may have been the OEM for the bimini and the extended version. Their website only goes back to 2008, but you might be able to give them a ring to confirm if they go back further.

Comment

Comparing Wet Sounds built quality JL is non-debate for me. Both bring solid quality marine products to market. Comparing the Rev-410 to anything JL? There is no comparison. The largest speaker JL offers is an 8" coaxial. A rev-410 is a pair of 10" Mid-bass drivers flanking a large HLCD tweeter. With a pair of well powered Rev-410, you can feel the mid-bass.

The rev-410 by itself, is a mono pod, So you need one chnl p/pod. So an amp like the SDX-2 is a good option at 400W rms to each pod. But for a few $$$ more, the SDX-4 bridged into 2 chnl mode, will give you up to 685W rms to each pod. Or a few $$$ then the SDX-4, you could go with the SDX-6 for 585 W rms and have 2 extra amp chnls to power something else, like 2 pair of in-boats at 145W rms to each.

3 pair of Revo-6 on an SDX-4 would be strong!
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Cant wait to surf this beast with you, neighbor!
            -Brandon Lucas
            Houston, Tx

Comment

Working...
            X