2005 24V with no ballasts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 24V with no ballasts.

Hi all. I'm completely new to this. I just sold my old stern drive and picked up a super clean 05 Tige 24V. It's completely untouched with no ballasts. I have three teenage girls who are very athletic and want to get out surfing.
    Can anyone recommend the best set up for this boat?

I have 08 Rz4. Rear has 1400# sacs on each side. I put 2 350# on the seat in front and one #350 on floor between front seats. I had a homemade suck gate, but I just bought the Liquid Force Edge Mega. Gonna try that tomorrow. If that doesn't get me what I want, I will buy and install the Infinity Wave surf system for $2700. If you have the trim plate, set it to 3. Good place to start and tweak from there. Will take experimenting and weight. Build your wave to surf the largest person you will have in your boat. If you build it to surf small girls you will likely disappoint the guys in your boat and they won't be able to go ropeless, which is always the goal. Join the Facebook page for Infinity Wave tabs, there are posts about your boat specifically. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the input. Would kind of bags. Are they versatile enough to fill manually and upgrade to pumps later?

Comment

My rear bags are Fly High. Front is Sumo. Rear is plumbed/automated with reversible pumps (10 minute fill time). The fronts I have to fill with Fly High Supa Tsunami pumps (10 minute fill time). It's inefficient, but it works. If you can afford to plumb the whole system I would recommend doing that. You can also go with lead bags in the front, but that weight is always in the boat. WakeMakers.com makes custom bags and has aftermarket bags. Great place to start. I can't imagine how long it would take to fill and empty the 1400# bags without it being automated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dsales1931 View Post
          Thanks for the input. Would kind of bags. Are they versatile enough to fill manually and upgrade to pumps later?
          Yes, we do it all the time.

There are other places to get custom Tige sacs and expert advise then the above mentioned. Some closer then you think
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

^^^a lot of folks on the forum have used Mike aka Chpthril for their ballast needs. I highly recommend reaching out to him for your ballast needs. Wakemakers will sell you parts. Mike you give you the product support you want on the back end when it comes time to install everything.

Comment

I will put a plug in for CHPTHRIL also. He has helped me with ballast and other stuff on many occasions. If you run into a glitch on the install, he is great to help you through also. He has known these boats for years and will help you get the best wave possible.

I used to have an 05 24V, great boat!! Post pics or it didn't happen.
              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input. I think I'll grab a couple bags for the rear and whatever Wakemakers suggests for the front. I'll fill them manually this summer and get my head in the game. I'll keep you posted

Comment

Here is what I did to my 24v

https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/gen...ing-mod-thread
                  Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                    Hi Duffy,

I'm not new to the site, but haven't posted much. I have an '04 24V and have been using fatsacs and the throw over the side pump. I'm ordering the automated fill system and saw on a pretty old post that you had a custom bag for sale. It appears you still have the same boat so I doubt it's still for sale but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks

Comment

My boat isn't for sale. Thanks though.
                      Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by wingo812 View Post

Hi Duffy,

I'm not new to the site, but haven't posted much. I have an '04 24V and have been using fatsacs and the throw over the side pump. I'm ordering the automated fill system and saw on a pretty old post that you had a custom bag for sale. It appears you still have the same boat so I doubt it's still for sale but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks
                        I think he meant this versus the boat itself.

Comment

Working...
                        X