2005 Tige 22V - is this a good buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Tige 22V - is this a good buy?

Hey guys! I am new to the boating forum, but I am looking at buying a 2005 22V with a (tower, speakers, tower lights, etc...) for $32000. The thing that I am a little hesitant on is the engine has around 530 hours. I know it all depends on how well the engine was maintained, but the boat shop says it's in really good shape (but who knows if they're just trying to make a sell). I've attached a couple of pictures and I was wondering if you guys could give me some input. I'm looking to buy this week.

I have mine up for sale I have 370 hours on mine, I am the original owner garaged kept the boat is located in parker az, I am asking 33,500 it is a 2006 with a 5.7 340 horse engine
    Last edited by foxfam312; 06-02-2020, 02:14 AM.
    Building memories one river trip at a time

Comment

530 hours is nothing and honestly a little low for a 2005. Thats only 35 hours a year!
      Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I agree the hours are a little low. I bought a 2005 22i 4 years ago with only 133 hours. I had the dealer do a full inspection because lack of use can cause more damage than boats with lots of use.

As far as price it seems to be about average with what I see here in central Texas, though prices vary by region and time of the year.

Comment

I agree with Duffy. That’s low hours.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

That is actually low hours considering. Many boats you will find may have even less. My 07 has 1200 plus on it and for the most part been trouble free. It would have more but the last 3 years it got used very little due to a new business venture. Some say run them and at 100 hours a year you are getting the use of the boat for what you paid. Its kind of like buying a car that has set most of its life with little maintenance and one that had regular tune ups, and oil changes but was garage kept. The opposite is true when you look at a high hour boat. There will be wear and tear on the interior and gell coat.
            Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Price seems about right, and as others stated, hours don't seem high for the age. I bought a 2006 22Ve over the winter with 760 or so hours and she runs like a champ so far (knock knock). A "good buy" depends on a lot of factors that are hard to judge here, but if you're happy with the engine, vinyl, electronics, ballast, gelcoat, trailer, etc., then getya a Tigé.

Comment

I have a 2005 20 CiI would consider letting go as we dont ski any more for $15,000 with just over 200 hrs on her...pm if interested?

Comment

Working...
                X