HELP! Ballast / Wake set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Ballast / Wake set-up

Just bought a used 2014 RZ2 in great shape. Want to get my family wakesurfing (which we have never done). The previous owner has no idea about the ballast system onboard. It has very large add on sacs in the back, but no idea of the weight. Anyway, being beginners, what is the best way to weight the boat (front, rear, left, right)? Should we fill ballast bags to full, partial, etc? Taps set to? Assuming we should purchase a wake shaper (which one)? I'm a large guy 6'4'' 275 lbs, wife average build, kids 7 and 10. Do I weight it differently for each body type, ability? Again, we are beginners, but a pretty athletic family. I realize it all takes some tinkering...but want a good starting point. Thoughts?

The sacs could between 900 and shy of 1300 if they are an "L" shaped sac and go up under the seats. 600-900 if they are rectangle and fill only the rear locker. May also be a pair of 250# tanks under the rear locker floors.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
    X