Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What options would you order on a 2020 25ZX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What options would you order on a 2020 25ZX?

I'm considering the 2020 25ZX. What options do you consider "must" haves and "nice to have, but not mandatory?" Thanks.
    2020 25ZX Red, White And Blue, #Take Them Boating

I would wait just a little longer for 2021 models... "rumor" has it there are some super cool options coming next year. That's what they say, just don't ask me who "they" are!

Comment

We just got the 23 ZX and options I love so far:
      Clamp Board racks (Clamp 4RCE)
      Contrast Stitching on seats and cool seats (we are in Texas)
      Swim platform ladder
      Dock lights - awesome for loading boat at night
      Coverall cover - we tow boat everywhere and love how this protects boat when trailering/storing, does great job with shedding rain, and cuts down on wind resistance on road.
      Transom audio controls
      Reverse-able seat
      Phender Pro - I think that is what they call it... easy way to attached/detach bumpers

We also got the cove cover, but haven't used it yet - Not sure how much we will use it, but we thought it would be nice for socializing in the summer

We opted for the standard drivers seat - I saw both at boat show and couldn't really tell much difference between standard and Z-cline

We did the 4 tower speakers, but I have heard it doesn't make that much difference - Just looks cool, but also a head-knocker

We did not get the surf remote - I think this would only be necessary if you liked to switch sides of the wake regularly (we had it on our 2018 and never used it). Same with the Lexan wind screen - never used it.
      Didn't get the swim platform cover either - never used it on previous boat. I guess this would be good if stored in a boat slip (duck poop protection!)

Good luck!

Comment

Don’t skip out on the engine upgrade. I know people regularly do 440 with 2:1 but I would jump up to the 460 at least.

Clamping board racks are really nice.
        Flip up lean backs are a must have, im pretty sure they’re standard now tho but not 100%. I would never own a boat with out a heater and the next one will have heated seats.
        Everything else is mostly bling and is totally up to you.

For the trailer I would go with the elite shied coating, transom steps, retractable rear straps, also the XL version for the higher capacity.

Comment

Every option is personal preference. One persons must haves may not be necessary for the next person. For my next boat, we wont pay extra for the flip up seat backs or the reversible rear seat. We never use them. We will only have the most basic radio and wont pay extra for tower speakers. We only surf and kneeboard now and don't put boards in our clamping racks. We probably would put a kneeboard in the newer, wider clamping racks, but they don't fit in the ones we have. I'd sure like to have the steering wheel controls to make radio volume adjustment easier. If I was to build a boat I would have to test drive that same boat with each engine to really decide what was right for us. The next trailer will be the two axle 10k gvwr.

Comment

Thanks all, good info.

Comment

Steering wheel controls is a game changer... my favorite feature. I would guess this is standard on the ZX series?
              Also like the improvements to the clamp racks with the wider opening.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                Don’t skip out on the engine upgrade. I know people regularly do 440 with 2:1 but I would jump up to the 460 at least.

That's the tough one for me. When you upgrade to the 460 over the 440 you're half the cost of the 575. Both take 91 octane and you get 100+ more torque. Dollar per hp/tq between the two, the 575 is the winner every time.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

And I didn't respond to OP.

For me, heated seats. It's that one time out on the lake when the Mrs. is cold. Hit the switch and the OBS and captains chair gets toasty. I honestly laughed at this option during development. Went out on a training demo a few months later, temp dropped and it was chilly outside. Kicked on the heated seats and ever since then I knew they were worth every penny.
                  Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I ordered a 2021 yesterday with heated seats, 4 outlet heater, swim platform ladder and cover (boat is stored on a boat lift), cove cover, dock lights and steering wheel controls are standard, power 10 audio, Phender Pro w/gopro mount, transom audio controls, recline seat, but I didn't upgrade the engine. I agree with KoolAid regarding the engine. The 575 was something I didn't think I'd need and the cost is substantial. I also took your advice on the trailer and added
                    elite shied coating, transom steps, retractable rear straps and the XL version for the higher capacity.

My dealer tells me the line opens for 2021 production 6/15 and my delivery is estimated at 7/8. Thanks again all.

Comment

And jealous. Pics when she’s done! Congrats man and welcome to the club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are some Photoshopped renderings from the Tige site. Since I'm a vet and a Patriot, not NE Patriot fan, red, white and blue are my colors. Thanks again for the help that made this happen for me. I'm proud to be a Tige owner and a member here.Front View.jpgBack View.jpgd to be a Tige owner and member here.Interior View.jpg. Thanks again all.

Side View.jpg
                        Last edited by zich6; 05-31-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Congrats great looking build! Did anything major change from 2020 to 2021 for the 25ZX?

Comment

Thanks. The rear end, docking thrusters and a few minor changes. I didn't ask my dealer about all the changes, but I will and let you know. The docking thrusters could be useful but at $5K, I didn't go for it.

Comment

Wow. 5 grand eh?

Boat looks cool man. I love the color insipiration.

Comment

Working...
                              X