Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fault code?

I have a 2017 rzx2. 440 raptor.
    lake we have a slip at only has 89 octane. 9 passengers and tanks pretty full under load the engine threw a fault code 1324. 31.
    cat damaging misfire cylinder 2.
    stopped and turned the engine and computer off.
    restarted and it never happened again in the next 8 hours.
    could it be due to the 89 octane? Should I worry about it? Take it to the shop for diagnosis and repair. (Shop is 2 1/2 hours away.) or just keep running it and see if it happens again?
    thanks......

Low octane can cause “pinging” which the ECM will retard timing to prevent if it occurs. If it was fuel, all cylinders would be misfiring. I would just run it and see if it happens again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Code was 1324 31
      and today I threw 3221 31. Microprocessor error.
      as soon as I turn off and restart the errors don’t happen again.
      thoughts? O2 sensor?

Comment

Where are you getting these error codes from? Do you have a reader?

Comment

My computer shows me the code in real time. Pops up on the screen.
          turns out when I had the boat serviced last fall they forgot to tighten one of the oxygen sensors. It was barely threaded. Tightened it and the codes haven’t happened since.

Comment

I have a 2013 RZR, but don't see where any codes would be located.

Comment

Originally posted by FHELITE View Post
              I have a 2013 RZR, but don't see where any codes would be located.
              Correct. It was 2015 and up that show codes from the engine.
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

My 2016 keeps throwing Code STFT 2 High Limit. I brought it in to the dealer last year they tightened an 02 sensor, cost me $400. Now its doing it again, anyone know who to tighten it? Do I need any special tools

Comment

TYHawk , some of the 16-17 had an issue with the cat bricks. Id be removing the post cat 02s and shining a light down to see if the cats are still in there or look damaged.

Did you do the Indmar warranty transfer??

Comment

I didn't do the transfer unfortunately when I got it. Is there a special tool you need to take the sensors off the manifold though? They are recessed into it and I can't loosen or tighten them. They checked the CATS last year and said they were good.

Comment

There is an O2 socket that has a cutout in it for the wire. Can get it at most any auto parts store.

Usually there is some other codes that go along with STFT codes. I would take out the post cat o2(not the ones in the manifold, and look down in there with a light. Just because they were good before doesnt mean they are now. Was a vendor issue.

If they cats are there and fine check the precast and see if there's water down in the manifold. Water reversion was an issue if the pipes are too far into the boots that join the Ypipe.

Comment

Oh boy I might need some extra insight as to what you mean. I’m a fairly green when it comes to mechanical talk. I do know that the flux capacitor is not a real thing though lol. Would I be able to call you to get some more insight

Comment

PM me your contact info.

Comment

I just replaced my pre-cat 02 sensor, starboard side on my new to me '16 RZ2. There is moisture in the manifold, is that normal? I got the same codes as OP, STFT 2 High Limit SPN 4238 Plug ID B.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Moisture in there is not normal. Looks like coolant.
                              Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
                              X