Rear corner seats - 2020 22RZX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear corner seats - 2020 22RZX

2020 22RZX- Has anyone notice that the rear corner seats will not dry? Washed boat and left out to dry in sun all day. All seats are dry but the rear corner seats push out water when you step on them. I don’t want them to mildew in storage. Any help would be

Definitely have the same issue going on with ours. It’s a terrible design. I think I saw where someone drilled some holes in the wood on the bottom of the seat. And also through the fiberglass underneath. I’ve actually meant to do that. Thanks for the reminder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If they are really wet, you will need to unbolt them from underneath so you can remove to air dry. Agreed Zackdogg, not a good design.

Comment

Here is what I did to hopefully fix the issue. Haven't had the boat in the water yet.

https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/gen...projects/page5

Comment

I have an ‘18 RZX2. Same problem. I can’t believe Tige hasn’t fixed that problem for the ‘20 models. I love my boat and I love Tige as a company (their customer service is second to none), but there sure seem to be quite a lot of unresolved design flaws (like the water that pools in the center of hull and is nearly impossible to drain).

I just leave the rear corner seats un-bolted (why are they even bolted down in the first place???) and if I am not going to be using the boat for several days or if I’m expecting heavy rain I take them out. Once they get soaked, they will NEVER dry without taking them out and you’ll have a lot of surprised wet butts on your boat.
          Last edited by BrentB; 05-24-2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Just to follow up with this, the holes I drilled have completely fixed the issue. It is so nice to be able to sit in those two corner seats and not have the squish of water come out the seams. They feel like all the other seats now. I don't know if all the drilled holes are necessary, but it worked.

Comment

Thanks for update. Can’t get answer, if warranty will allow modification without Tige giving me trouble in future. It shouldn’t but they have already not covered a broken cell phone charger.

Comment

I have a 19’ R23 and I just unbolted them and flip them up to drain while in storage. I too don’t understand while they are bolted down. They are wedge in so well, there’s no way they will come out while trailing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X