No power to the amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power to the amps

Just pulled the boat out from winter storage and don’t seem to have power to my amps? Battery has a charge and the head unit has power but both amps are dark so nothing coming through the speakers or subwoofer. Connections all look good? The fuses I could find seem to be fine? Any ideas?
    thanks in advance.

Check voltage to the amps real quick. Ground on the amp ground and check power then the remote turn on. If any are not getting 12v then that’s your problem. Check that you didn’t miss a ground cable when reconnecting the batteries after storage.

(Year light, multi meter, etc)

Also battery charge should be >13 (right mike?) if fully charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What year and model boat? Were the batteries removed for winter? Single battery? Whats the voltage at the battery, and if fully charged, check voltage again at the amps' main power cables and the turn-on terminal.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for your reply chpthril! Year is 2008. Model is RZ4. Batteries were not removed but cables were disconnected. Dual batteries. Full voltage at batteries and all the way to the amps. The instant either amp is connected the voltage drops to zero. Being told I need to replace both amps. One is a Wetsounds and the other was the original Alpine installed. Wetsounds drives the subwoofer, Alpine drives the cabin and tower speakers. Any additional thoughts or is it likely the amps are toast and I’m looking at replacing both?

Comment

Ok, so you are measuring battery voltage on both pairs of amp power cables with the cables disconnected? Then once connected, you then measure 0V? I do not see this as an amp issue. No way an amp(s) can draw a battery to 0V instantaneously. That kind of draw would blow the amps' fuses.

There is a poor connection issue supplying both amps, IF the above issue is viewed on both amps.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X