tower light help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tower light help

finally getting around to working on a few things.
    replaced the center tower light with a new one as old one was broken. never confirmed if any of the lights work until now. the one i replaced was hanging by wire.
    went to check out lights after replacement and the center light and outboard "headlights" on the alpha z tower r not working. fuse is good in medallion. swapped to always on side and nothing. lights on the switch on the black emergency panel are lit but flipping switch does nothing.
    thoughts on that¿ possible connector that came unplugged¿

secondly the downfiring lights under the tower both come on but 1 is only white. other one changes color when toggled on touch panel. assume it needs replaced but not sure how to remove. feels like a pressure fit. weird that it comes on but doesnt change.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

My first thought is you lost ground. All three of them tied together once they got into the gunnel from what I can remember. Do a continuity check with your meter at the ground on a tower light and touch it to the engine or a ground bus bar. If it was just the tower lights I would say it is the relays on the side of the redundant switch box. They tend to hold water a go bad.

The "mood lights" you rotate the outer cap counter clock wise and it will come off to expose 3 screws. Again, its been a few naps since I have removed a set but i'm sure I remember it correctly.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

i pulled out a headlight and no power to the plug..
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

i am wondering if the a$$hats that replaced the stereo and added the 2nd set of rev10s did something.
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

My first thought is the relay. Ive seen a number of Tiges with the tower light relay mounted plug up. This allows the relay to collect water. Locate, replace, clean terminals, then remount relay connector down. There used to be two relays side by side, so ive gone ahead and replaced both, regardless of which is the offending circuit.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ill try that on monday
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              My first thought is the relay. Ive seen a number of Tiges with the tower light relay mounted plug up. This allows the relay to collect water. Locate, replace, clean terminals, then remount relay connector down. There used to be two relays side by side, so ive gone ahead and replaced both, regardless of which is the offending circuit.
              found the relays. they were mounted in a down position so all good there. I swapped the 2 of them and tower headlights work so I know I have 1 bad relay. other tower light didn't come on so I'm going to go ahead and replace both relays. cheap and can't hurt. hopefully that solves the running light issue but I don't think it's going to since swapping them got me headlights I assume 1 relay is bad and 1 is good.
              hoping koolaid will chime in with how it's wired so I can start to trace it back.
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
              X