RZX vs ZX and if not Tige then what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZX vs ZX and if not Tige then what?

What is the difference between the RZX and ZX? I've heard they both surf great but that the zx doesn't wakeboard great. Are they the same hull?

If you were buying a new boat and not a Tige what would it be - similar price range? Any Supra fans or non-fans out there?

if I was in the market for a new whip in that price range, I'd be demo-ing supra and tige. I'd lean on tige as I have had great luck with the last 2 boats and this forum, specifically Koolaid. all things equal tige would win based on that.
    a demo would tell all and the supra demo would have to be heads and tails above tige to make me swap.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

RZX line is picklefork and ZX is hybrid bow - being the biggest difference. In my opinion, the ZX line surfs better...

Supra makes a good boat. Surfs good on both sides. Again my opinion, but the interior is no where close to Tige….

Comment

So I'll jump on this because this is an interesting conversation - And SandM said it very well. All things being equal, community and dealership will tip the scales. From there narrow it down and find the boat your comfortable in in the price point you walk away with saying "yah, I did good". I've browsed the other boat forums at times but not spent a lot of time - but if they don't have a KoolAid I don't want to be part of it.

I've seen good spirited debates here on the Makai's, ATXs, etc. I'm curious where the Centurion falls in this for you guys? I know my next boat will be a long one due to how rough our lake is, and in the 25' length range the 25ZX. Where does the Fi and Ri fall in your minds?

Still though, a 25ZX in blue denim. *drool*

Comment

I have been in both and surfed the Fi and Ri. The short story - Surf wave is great. Takes some knowledge to dial in but once figured out = snice wave. The interior of the Centurion's is no where near the price tag they demand. If the Centurion's price was $75-90k the interior would be acceptable. Not $120+. The 2019 did not even come with a built in phone holder. It looked like one of those you connect to your air vent in your car.

For the price Tige has a wave that stacks up against Centurion and the interior and layout is light years ahead.
          "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

I have found the Moomba/Supra forum quite nice. They do have a "koolaid" there and I have been very impressed with the information he has put out. Not just helping with issues, but explaining why Skier's Choice does what they do and talking about feedback and such. Seems very transparent about stuff most companies do not talk about.

Comment

We demoed two boats last year, ended up with the 25ZX and we love it. It is our third Tige and our dealer is awesome so that played a huge part. We demoed a RI257 and that boat is just massive. The interior in the Centurion was okay, not great. I did not like the screen layout at all and all the paddles behind the steering wheel for the stinger plate etc... Much harder boat to set up for surfing, but once dialed the wave is huge for sure. To me it felt like driving a normal deep hull bow rider and not a wake boat. When we got in the 25ZX we just felt at home so to speak. The screen and GO system made much more sense as my wife is at the lake a lot when I'm home working and for her to push a couple buttons to set up the surf wave was a no brainer.

My brother has a 2018 RZX3 and he has demoed the Supra SE550 and I think he is gonna pull the trigger on it. He really liked the surf wave on both sides. He knows what the 25ZX is capable of and said the SE550 wave was very similar. I think since we have the 25ZX he wants something a bit different and he likes playing with set up, lead, etc...

He also demoed a Pavati AL24 and said some features were pretty cool but he walked away fairly unimpressed.

The 25ZX does not have the greatest wakeboard wake, I have tried to set it up but it is a little tough to get a good clean wake on both sides unless you are going about 24.5 or so. We don't really wakeboard anymore so it didn't really matter.

Comment

AKDoc - good feedback. Also, hope you made it down this way!

I think the Taps 3T (GO) system has to be a differentiator in the 2020 boats all around. To me, fire and forget on wave setup is worth more then a little more push or length at the competition level (Disclaimer: I'm not a huge surfer so I understand if that's an unpopular position). I know on my boat I just aim for a clean lip as a starting point and even that takes some doing - but I'm 15 years behind technologically too.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentP View Post
                  AKDoc - good feedback. Also, hope you made it down this way!

I think the Taps 3T (GO) system has to be a differentiator in the 2020 boats all around. To me, fire and forget on wave setup is worth more then a little more push or length at the competition level (Disclaimer: I'm not a huge surfer so I understand if that's an unpopular position). I know on my boat I just aim for a clean lip as a starting point and even that takes some doing - but I'm 15 years behind technologically too.
                  We made it down to Lake Travis for spring break in March. It was an awesome time, that lake is beautiful. Most likely will be our spring break destination every year now! We ended up renting a house in the edgewater beach area.

Comment

Centurion has great wave but agree that the interior not in same ballpark as Tige. Also LOVE the Smart Wheel, which I don't think they offer in the Centurion? and I think the Supra "smart wheel" actually moves with the wheel? Smart Wheel was one of my favorite features when we upgraded to the 23ZX this year.
                    Also very happy with the Taps 3T GO system.
                    We are loving our 23ZX and surf wave is amazing - even for a fat-a 245 pounder like me!
                    We switched from as 2018 RZX2 - loved that boat too, but like the extra space & height in the 23' boat and love the minor upgrades from 2018 to 2020. Also like the more traditional bow look and didn't feel like we lost much space up front between the ZX and RZX. Personal preference for sure...

Comment

We sold our 13’ Z3 last August and looked at Malibu, Centurion, MB, Tige, Supreme, Supra, Moomba, Nautique and Sanger as replacements. All of the boats are very nice but it truly boils down to what you feel is the best fit for your family, dealer support and value of the features you want to pay for. For us Supra checked all of the boxes so in January we picked up a SA450 and have 25 hours on it thus far. The fit and finish is as good if not better than any boat we looked at. Some on here stated the interior is not on par with Tige, not sure what the reference is but we are very happy. Again it comes down to personal preference. The surf wake and wakeboard wake is very easy to set up. Autowake takes a little bit to master but it is a great feature once it is. The power tower is solid and does not move. stereo out of the box is as good if not better than my custom system in the our Z3. We are fortunate to afford these luxuries in life so take the time required to look at all of the makes available. There are a lot of great choices and hopefully they will all survive this economic downturn because the progression has been amazing over the past 5 years.
                      A man can only be beaten 2 ways - give up or die!

Comment

Amen brother!

Comment

Spot on Dutcher. Those Supra’s are good looking boats. Dealer support is so huge, and resell ability in your area down the road

Post pics! A pretty boat is a pretty boat in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

993C47BF-B682-444B-BECA-C203DF80FC84.jpegE87A244A-75FF-4F88-972E-9140254F73F3.jpeg Exterior is white and midnight flake. Interior is black with white accents and captain blue piping/stitching.
                            A man can only be beaten 2 ways - give up or die!

Comment

So I found a 19 25ZX. Would you even consider a 19 with the old surf system? If so, what kind of price difference should there be. Or is the new system so much better i should wait and find one with it? I know there is something new every year but this seems to be a pretty big change.

Comment

Working...
                              X