2019 RZX3 charging or battery problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 RZX3 charging or battery problem

I have a 2019 RZX3 and my main battery is dead. my charger is on but not charging or indicating that there is a problem. I have checked the 2 fuses on the batteries and other fuses in the battery bay. Anyone have any suggestions?????

Odd the charger is not giving an error. Check the voltage with a meter. It may be too low to take a charge.

Comment

I happen to have two chargers. For some reason one of them will not charge a completely dead battery and the other one will. Maybe it is the charger that you using.

Comment

Seems there are two issues here. 1, the dead battery, and 2, the charger not working. Is the charger a Promariner Prosport series 2-bank charger? If so, is the green system check light illuminated green? Whats the bank 1 and bank 2 status? Charge mode status? Was the battery switch left on? Is the boat just coming out of its winter layup?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The battery switch was indeed left on

Comment

Comment

Cooter,

Is the charger always just blue like that? If so something’s wrong. Mine was doing that and they had me remove the battery type plug to see if the lights came on as normal (they did). The little sensor in there gets knocked off. They had me do some random stuff to it then eventually replaced it.

You should see all the lights for charge state, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The blue is just the AC power indicator light, yes it is always on if the charger is plugged in.

Comment

So based on that pic, it looks as though the charger is not doing the system check, as there is no green light lit to the right of the blue. This should go green after at least 5 minutes. Odds are, the charger is dead.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Well crap....... I bought the boat new so I'm assuming the charger is warranted as well???

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      Well crap....... I bought the boat new so I'm assuming the charger is warranted as well???
                      Yes. It would be a warranty item since you purchased it with the boat.
                      Oh Yeah!

Comment

It was the charger. Tige has a new one coming to me. Put both batteries on my smart charger I have at home and they both charge fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X