No announcement yet.

Tige upholstery (Flame On)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the reccomendation from Tige when you bought your boats?

Mine was Oxy-powered Fantastik and 303.

Comment

I use Exquisite for cleaning the vinyl. About once a month or so I use 303 to protect it.

I know Tigé used to recommend Fantastik but not sure if they do anymore. I hear Fantastik anti-bacterial isn't good on vinyl.

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
        What was the reccomendation from Tige when you bought your boats?

Mine was Oxy-powered Fantastik and 303.
        Mine did't recommend...though I really didn't think i would have a reason to ask.

One of their mechanics worked on my boat at my house and gave me a bottle of what he was using to clean up after he worked on the boat. It was Dunn EZ. He said it's what they used at the dealership. Doesn't mean they endorse it...

Comment

We are getting the back sun-pad/engine cover replaced right now it's costing us $400.00 we are just going with all white. The guys said the vinyl we have right now is crap. Like we didn't know.....
          Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Mine recommended fantastic, although I hear the formula has changed and it is not good for vinyl now, and 303. I used the magic eraser one year I had a really bad mildew problem over the winter. It magically erased all the mildew stains along with all of the top protective layer off of the vinyl. Might as well have used wet/dry sandpaper. We have never had a stitching problem, even after 10 years, (vinyl is cracking, stitching is fine)and we are never careful about water in the boat. To think you can keep your interior dry in a boat is rediculous and I have never heard of such a thing and we have been boating since 1969.
            We are getting new vinyl this year and I will be following this thread closly and stocking up on the consensus winner. Keep those suggestions coming.

Comment

I am replacing the the vinyl in my 2000 21v for the 3rd time! Not all the pieces have been replaced 3 times. This time we are NOT using the Tige skins. We are having an upholstery shop make everything. Tige sent me free skins the first time, sold them at cost the second time. I do have one cushion that this will be it's fourth skin (cushion over the icechest).
              I am hoping that this new vinyl will last much longer than the Tige skins.

My boat has 850 hours.

Comment

Wow. I have a 96 2100WT and I am thinking it is time to replace the upholstery. It has been cleaned with undiluted simple green and a brush for 15 years, ridden hard and put away wet. The upholstery still looks new but is just starting to look shabby with a few small tears. I was hoping for better news to buy replacement covers or outsource it to a good comppany in Wisconsin to fabricate it.

Comment

Your best bet is a good local shop. That way if anything goes wrong, they are right there to stand behind their workmanship and product.

Comment

My '06 still looks pretty good (guess 350hrs or so) other than one seam is pulling apart by the battery compartment and a few small cuts here and there that I plan to get fixed this winter. I just got it last year and used Babe's until the bottle ran out and then decided to use the 3M cleaner/restorer (9029). It seems to clean and put a good protective film on it. Has anyone had issues with it or tried it? I know 3M makes awesome cleaners and waxes for the clearcoat/paint so I figured I would give it a try.

Comment

Our 01 has been abused. It typically has kids running all over the inside of the boat like its a playground. The only issue I've had is the stitching has come loose in a couple different spots that I took to my local upholstery shop and he removes the cover and repairs it. So , I have absolutely no complaints about the quality of the interior on my our boat

Comment

Well cleaning vinyl is not much hard because todays thousand of product available for vinyl cleaning.. but you never get the results like as it was new when you got it first time. So don't for those results but you will feel the difference in before and after cleaning the vinyl. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Burton007 View Post
                          Well cleaning vinyl is not much hard because todays thousand of product available for vinyl cleaning.. but you never get the results like as it was new when you got it first time. So don't for those results but you will feel the difference in before and after cleaning the vinyl. Good Luck
                          Any comments..!!

PHJ Services

Comment

New Issues - 2012 Z3 Seats replaced 3 times and falling apart again??

Comment

Working...
                            X