Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Fuel Filter thread

Greetings Tige owners!

We've been blessed with some moderate weather in the inland northwest over the last few weekends. I couldn't resist putting the boat in the water (48 air, 41 water!) - Still trying to figure out the picture uploading.

Only problem was a slow drip from the bottom of the fuel filter canister. I jumped on the board and found quite a few threads regarding fuel filter replacement.

The leak was likely due to the bolt on the bottom of the fuel filter canister being loose. I'll be adding that to my winterization check list from now on.

Boat is 2008 24ve, marine power 5.7 340 hp.

I have two problems I could use some help with:
    I've seen part numbers listed as R58011-10 (22veguy) and Marine Power #396007 (KKO) - Napa can't find anything to cross reference either of these parts. My local tige deal is gone, so I'm on my own. (There's a new tige dealer, but they're only dealing with the newer PCM engines, and they tried to sell me a Chaparral-)

I can't remove the old filter from the canister. From pictures of the r58011-10 part, it looks like the end snaps into a button of sorts on the bottom of the canister. I'm reluctant to start yanking on the old filter until I'm certain that's all that's keeping the filter in.

Thank you for any assistance.

Kirk.
    Attached Files

-you got it figured out. Those suckers get stuck in there I use 2 srcewdrivers to pop it out. when you buy a filter from MP (the ones we sell) they come with a new o-ring wich is must have because once gas gets on the o-ring it swells and makes it hard to reuse.

Comment

Originally posted by kko View Post
      -you got it figured out. Those suckers get stuck in there I use 2 srcewdrivers to pop it out. when you buy a filter from MP (the ones we sell) they come with a new o-ring wich is must have because once gas gets on the o-ring it swells and makes it hard to reuse.
      X2.
      Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

I need to replace my fuel filter too. This is a good thread, along with this one too.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9992

Comment

I'm wondering why my Marine Power manual shows a picture on page 29 with the fuel/water filter being...0432-049...and if you have a G-Force, then 425611

My unit is exactly like the one shown above. So I'm guessing R5801-10-3005?

Comment

Thread is now increasing their pressure about the oil and fuel filter for the running time as well then nothing be making. Suddenly when reduction of the fuel will do on the assignmentmasters reviews website we will search for the best filters about the car and vehicle.

Comment

Working...
            X