22V Storage Courtesy Light Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22V Storage Courtesy Light Wiring

My courtesy lights in the storage compartment have never worked since I bought my pre-owned '03 22V.

I have been doing some work under the dash and found 3 wires dangling loose and zipped up with wire ties. The 2 blue wires with one labeled STBD STORAGE and a partner blue wire are both connected into a single quick connect.

There is also a black wire taped to these 2 blue wires. I thought maybe that is why they aren't working...so I added them to the courtesy light switch. They pop the circuit when I connect them to the courtesy light switch.

I searched the threads and found someone else also has these dangling wires, but they were never mentioned again. Should they be connected to something or zip tied back up out of the way? When they touch each other they do pop the circuit. Since there are other miscellaneous wires under that are intentionally not connected (i.e. Big red TAPS), maybe this is just a non-functional wire pull?

I still have the problem with neither storage compartment having lights that work. Next time out, I will check the bulbs and check for power at the fixture.

As a reference the 20V wiring in the downloads section may help as a reference. I have not looked at it for the courtesy light but I suspect the info is basically the same for a light connection.

Comment

Thanks for the info. That diagram shows the same pair of separated wires with slightly different labels. I'm not familiar enough with the diagrams to know how to apply it to a physical resolution (i.e. where to plug them in...)

Comment

LED's, like any other light, need a ground and switched 12V to work.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Basic electrical theory is understood. A basic switch will have a power source, a ground, and the line to the complete the circuit to the device(s).

The question is "Where are these wires supposed to be attached?" These wires are hot and are dangling under the dash with no switches on. If you touch the ground and the blue wires together, it trips the courtesy light circuit. The next logical question is "Where are these getting their power if the switch is off?"

I need help finding where to plug them back in or assurance that someone meant for them to dangle under the dash by design. If so I'll tape them up and re-zip tie them. The diagrams do show them as separate wiring from the main harnesses. There are no visible "vacant" tabs to connect them.

In my friend's RZ2, these come on when he flips the courtesy light switch. All my other passenger courtesy lights are functional.

Having 12v already in the wire without any dash switches on makes you kind of wonder...it was zip tied up by the main harness when I found it.

Does anyone have a light switch for the storage lockers separate from the passenger courtesy lights? Maybe a separate non-dash switch is "on" and the LEDs are simply blown...

Comment

The lights in the v drive compartments are the switches. Push up or down on the light and the light comes on. Except in my boat, they do not work.
            Let it be!!!

Comment

It sounds to me like you have a short somewhere along the wires that run to the courtesy lights. I'd trace them back or replace them entirely to see if it solves your problem.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I disconnected mine as they were always getting switched on when we put stuff in the storage compartmnet and in the sunlight you could not tell. Amazing how fast they can run the battery down. We very seldom have the boat out in the dark anyway.

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of the house and cranking battery connections? I want to unsure I’m connecting the proper wires after switching out the batteries. I should have taken a pic. I have a Tige Rz2

Comment

Working...
                  X