Another Ballast Question (Lee)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Ballast Question (Lee)

Can you get the hard ballast tanks like on the RZ2 factory ballast as an aftermarket item? I am thinking of ballast for next year but I want hard tanks back in boat not in the lockers.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Yes.

Comment

Lee, is that possible for an 06 22Ve as well?

Comment

I am interested in knowing this too. I just got an 07 22ve and our order for factory balast was inadvertently missed. We are exploring what our options are, and we for sure do not want sacs that take up massive storage room. There was mention of taking out the engine to put the factory tank in, but I am skeptical of this at this point too.

If we get aftermarket factory tanks, would the engine need to come out to install? What about the front system, would our front storage be compromised?
        Wilson

Comment

[QUOTE=wakewilson;60629

If we get aftermarket factory tanks, would the engine need to come out to install? [/QUOTE]

I wanted to know the same thing about this. I know the battery and Taps pump have to be move to new locations but wanted to know more about putting in the tanks
          Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

rear tanks

i have some hard tanks out of my 24 ve i would sell you

Comment

Originally posted by bentone View Post
              i have some hard tanks out of my 24 ve i would sell you
              are they the ones that go in the storage next to the motor? how much weight?
              Everything happens for a reason
              I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Dan and Christy View Post
                Lee, is that possible for an 06 22Ve as well?
                Yes.

Comment

we need bigger hard tanks.....like 500 pounds per side
                  CIH/pcrew founder
                  SWP Video Mag co-owner/rider

Comment

Or better yet, why not design the entire hull so that all the ballast is below floor and everything else is built on top with that in mind? I gotta believe that you could do that and still maintain the structural integrity of the hull.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

MB already has this feature from what I remember on my friends boat.

Comment

yeah the mb has the hull as ballast....
                        done like that idea at all.....at least you can replace tanks and all....hulls, yeah, cant do that........tige' needs to make a bigger space in the transom for at least 12-1500 pounds back there, with still leaving the locker space....with another 8-1200 in the bow.
                        CIH/pcrew founder

Comment

I thought we had enough space. Sounds like you want a cargo ship for wakeboarding with that much weight.

Comment

no, i just want a shiteload of weight!
                            CIH/pcrew founder

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                              I thought we had enough space. Sounds like you want a cargo ship for wakeboarding with that much weight.
                              That is pretty much the idea...
                              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Working...
                              X