Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 24V Ballast question for you sacked out guys

Guys
    I have never had any ballast for the 8 years I have had this boat but got very fortunate to find some used Fly High custom Tige bags that are 800 pounds each. My question for you guys is that I have noticed the wall that separates my storage locker from the engine is not super sturdy, it only has a couple of plastic U-Strips on each end of the separator to hold it in place and I am curious is you guys had to add support for this barrier to keep it from collapsing into the engine compartment?
    Thanks
    Guy

I did a full ballast install on my 24V in 2017. Check it out here

I used aluminum 90 degree plates screwed to the floor on each side of the engine to reinforce to solve this exact problem.
    IMG_0174.jpg

Comment

KJohnson thanks for all that info, great write up. This was a huge help.

Comment

I have dual 1850s (most likely hold less then that) in my 24v. I did u channel. It's held up fine for 8 years of lots and lots of surfing.
        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by GUY_RPM View Post
          KJohnson thanks for all that info, great write up. This was a huge help.
          no problem. Be sure to use stainless steel hardware!

Comment

I use 1100 # bags in each locker. Was going to reinforce but never did. Going on strong fo 12 years. No issues. Maybe next winters project
            Let it be!!!

Comment

Do you fill both sides up completely
              Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
              I use 1100 # bags in each locker. Was going to reinforce but never did. Going on strong fo 12 years. No issues. Maybe next winters project

Comment

Working...
              X