X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 24V additional ideas?

2005 Tige 24V

Bow - W711
    Rear - 1100lbs each Eight.3's (have also tried 3/4 fill on opposite side)
    Surf Apparatus = Swell Wakesurf - far down to bottom back
    Taps around 6

I just don't like the length - height is ok and push is barely "ok". I would like to hear some thoughts other than me trying to test all day and getting same result.

Thanks!

Are you running evenly weighted or listed? what speed? I firmly believe that you will get a better wave by listing rather than trying to run flat. Taps at 6 won't help your cause either. I usually run Taps between 3-4 but never above. Regular side I'd run bow empty or limited amount. Goofy I find likes bow weight. My regular set up as an example is ~1550lbs regular side, 750 starboard side, bow half full. Taps 3-4 11.4mph. My shaper is usually placed about 18" from the rear. Very back will throw spray across to the surf side.

Comment

not a 24v owner but I bet the answer comes back to more weight.
      z3 is similar in length and we run the pro ballast up front(believe it's twin 400lb sacs), an enzo in the rears along with subfloor hard tanks(guessing 1400lbs each side as an average) and 500lbs of lead to move around. normal crew is 5ish so 4 in the boat at 180 each average.
      mission delta shaper on bottom back corner and taps at 3 for a slightly shorter wave and 4 for a slightly taller and steeper face. speed at 11.2-11.6 rider dependent.

the few times we have had 7 or 8 in the boat and same ballast/lead the wave is amazing. that's what drives me to think more weight.

good luck.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Rear - 1100lbs each Eight.3's (have also tried 3/4 fill on opposite side)
        Clarify this part of your setup. It reads that you typically dont run weight on the other side, yet you are running a shaper?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have the same boat and the same set up other than I run 1100 fat sacs vs ronix bags. I fill everything up to the max when using a shaper. If listing then don't fill opposite side. Shaper won't work right if you have no weight on the opposite side. I also typically have 4+ people in the boat, all on the surf side - so that also helps.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Clarify this part of your setup. It reads that you typically dont run weight on the other side, yet you are running a shaper?
            Clarification - I typically fill Bow and both rear lockers full and run a shaper. We ride regular side always.

Comment

Originally posted by kjohnson709 View Post
              I have the same boat and the same set up other than I run 1100 fat sacs vs ronix bags. I fill everything up to the max when using a shaper. If listing then don't fill opposite side. Shaper won't work right if you have no weight on the opposite side. I also typically have 4+ people in the boat, all on the surf side - so that also helps.
              kj - What have you found is the best riding regular side (shaper vs listing)? When listing, you don't fill opposite side at all, but do fill the bow?

Comment

When I had a 24ve we found that weight under the port side long bench helped a lot when running full ballast and a wake shaper. I piggybacked a 500 sac in there from the port locker sac. You could also throw lead under there. As stated above we hardly ever ran taps over 3 and for us it was usually around 2.

Listed wave obviously different, fill everything surf side and nothing on the other side. Move everyone to surf side of the boat and go. I would say once we started using a shaper the wave had a little more push for us at least.

Comment

Originally posted by ktige7 View Post
                  kj - What have you found is the best riding regular side (shaper vs listing)? When listing, you don't fill opposite side at all, but do fill the bow?
                  I think listing gives a better wave overall but my wife is more comfortable driving an even boat so we do that most of the time. You may also play around with your speed and taps. FOr me we run about 10-10.2 mph and adjust taps as needed. when listing we do not fill any opposite side but still fill the bow.

Comment

Working...
                  X