No announcement yet.

Leaking Ballast? Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you post a pic of the whole sac laid out? Cant tell if its the single U shaped "400# Surf" or if its one of the twin "400 Pro Level" sacs.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Here’s the sac...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like the 400# hockey stick Pro Level bow sac. One on each side, rather then a single U shaped. Thats an OEM sac so tige dealer or custom.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

They would be a little bit smaller than you need, but I have some R20/R21 bags at the shop. The fittings should all be in the same(ish) place and be usable. If you are in a rush PM. It may be a while to get the correct one with the Corona shutdown.

I don't think they hold that much less and would work. PM if interested.

Comment

That should be able to be repaired with the right adhesive

Comment

Do you have a recommendation for what I could try? It’s worth a shot to try and fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

People have had luck with this stuff:
                https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...x?itemid=30860

Something like this may work too:
                https://www.amazon.com/Inflatable-Re.../dp/B00FP6GJF4

The best solution is to replace it.
                For 5 bucks I'd probably try the VLP and see what happens. I've read of guys making ballast bags with it.

Comment

I just purchased a 2013 z3 with the pro series system. I think I am having the same issue. Was wondering what you did to fix it.

Comment

I’ve had both of my rear sacks pop (2017 Z1) this lower corner port. My starboard side actually happened this weekend. I think it’s from having the 90 deg fitting on bottom of the sack instead of on side of sack (sack fills canted instead of level on floor putting weight on fitting). I will try slightly filling the sack and arranging perfectly on floor before filling to 100% to see if that helps.

To repair my port side a few months ago, I used some marine sealant/adhesive from Lowe’s and stainless wood screws to further secure it (temp fix). Cut a half moon shape out of a piece of plastic and sandwiched rubber between flange of port and plastic then secured with the screws. It’s holding up well so far.

Still waiting on the quote for the new bags from dealer. Anyone know about what these puppies cost so I can mentally prepare?

Comment

seo services
                      I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!..

Comment

I have used VLP with extremely good results. Clean all areas with lacquer thinner or acetone first, let dry, apply VLP to inside surfaces and apply pressure (Olympic weights work excellent around fittings). Leave for 24 hrs. Remove weight and coat outside with of repair VLP, leave for 24hrs.

P.S.
                        I have rear port and starboard 1000lbs bags and front port bag 500lbs from 2017 RZX3 for sale. Contact me if interested.

Comment

E73D645F-AC70-487B-9CB3-9D9363832B2A.jpegAFF9B6E5-1ED1-44F7-B33E-01B97212E3B3.jpeg

Comment

I’m having the exact same issue in my new to me 15 Z3 (first wake boat for me too). Have yet to jump into trying to fix it. Question: how hard is it to get to the sac itself? What all is involved? TIA

Comment

Working...
                            X