2014 RZ2 ballast pump issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 RZ2 ballast pump issue

All of my ballast pumps are original. I'm assuming they are the Attwood 800gph pumps. My port side front pump has been giving me issues all summer. Sometimes it would work and other times it would not fill. I hear the pump when it's in drain mode but nothing in fill. I have considered swapping out to the 1200gph Attwood pumps. Would these be plug and play in my boat? If so, is it a relatively simple change out?

I hear the pump when it's in drain mode but nothing in fill.
    This is actually 2 different pumps, so the pump you hear when draining, is not the same pump you dont hear when wanting to fill. All 4 fill pumps are below deck in the bilge. May need to open hatch or lift floor to hear. If the pump is running, the issue could be air locked. If the pump is actually not running, tap it with the handle of a screwdriver. If it starts up after a few taps, its time for a motor cartridge.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Mike. I will give that a try.

Comment

Working...
      X