Best Place to Move the Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Place to Move the Batteries

I have a 2008 Tige 2008. Seems to me to get the most use of weight on the Port side I should move the batteries just up from center cushion/storage compartment. What is everyones recommendation?

Depends on hoe you weight the boat and which side you primarily surf. Remember a typical battery can weigh in around 50lbs and are about the same volume as 2 gallons or water @ 17 lbs.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Some relocate the batteries to the storage under the passenger seat. In my VE I have all three located in the very back behind the port wall where they were originally installed. I just turned the two sideways so I could fit a third one in there.

Comment

What is the counter weight for the batteries on the starboard side? I would think it would be driver, instruments etc except that is not at the back of the boat. Forgive me if this is an utterly stupid question.

Comment

two 50# bags of lead (steel shot) will do it
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Put the battery weight where it will do you the most good, keep it centered so offset weight isn't required, and use otherwise unused space to preserve your storage space for other things:

Comment

We will primarily surf on the port side. I have factory rear ballast tanks so behind the motor isn't feasible. This is why I am thinking of putting them just ahead of the port center passenger seat. This would allow full sacks in the rear locker and under the passenger seat.

Comment

We have a custom sac thats designed to go over the battery and TAPS motor boxs. No need to move them. However, they do need some reinforcement.

Comment

Mike, I sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
                  X