07 24ve Wave isn't great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

07 24ve Wave isn't great

Do I need more weight? I know the answer is always yes but something just feels off. I currently have what I believe to be the Enzo sacs (1450) in each rear locker with an additional 150 in lead under each rear locker, then the v-sac (400lbs??) in the bow with an additional 100 lbs of lead up front. speed is 11.4 and taps at 3. I run the surf side full and the non surf side bag usually has about 2 inches of play (not sure what percentage empty that equates too) then I have the liquid force wakeshaper that I place under the decals, so maybe a foot from the rear and on the top part of the lip. Sitting still about 1/4 of the shaper is out of the water. There is a pocket but I have no push in the rear, in fact the curl of the wave hitting my shins seems to knock me out of the wave. I was going to pick up an additional 500lbs of lead, not sure if that is the solution or if my current setup is enough but I am just misisng some minor detail. The deck sits about 4 inches under the water so I know that is an issue but not sure its killing the whole wave. Any help is appreciated.

Shaper should be on the flat portion or below the step in on the hull. Some say as far back as possible I believe about 18" from the back for my 22ve. I'm also a firm believer of listing on the older boats while running the shaper as it produces a cleaner wave. It will also get that wave from curling over your legs. As you are running dump offside weight until the line or cresting wave goes away. Your speed and Taps setting is about right. I'd try 4 or possibly 5 on taps. I'm usually 4. Obviously the 24 is a bit longer than my 22 but I usually run minimal bow weight unless weighted really heavy on the port side. Starboard side I find it likes more bow weight.

Bow weight lengthens wave but can remove push if you have too much.
    Rear weight is adding to the height of the wave.
    Attached Files

Comment

The deck sits about 4 inches under the water
      While under way?

Have you tried a little less aft weight and more bow weight? Right now, you are at about a 15/85 ratio.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

An example of the line you don't want.
        Attached Files

Comment

I run a very similar setup to you on my 24ve. I gutted my rear lockers so I have a little more weight back there but your 150 in lead probably makes up for most of that. I run surfside rear full and offside rear about 70-80% and drain enough as I go to clean up the line on the wave. In the bow I have about 300 lbs on each side and I fill both plus an extra 4-500 lbs of lead in the bow for the goofy side and move 100 lbs of lead to the rear for the regular side. It seems like a lot up front but the wave is great. We have a homemade suckgate that we put below the step and as far back as possible. We usually run 11-11.4 with taps on 2-4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would try moving 100lbs of lead out of each rear locker and put in the bow. If you can put each 50lbs of lead in the rear lockers behind the false wall as far back as possible. Put that wakeshaper below the step. Try and create a list to the surf side about 6-7 degrees with people or by draining the offside. If the wave looses push then move some lead back to the rear.
            Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been battling our 06 24ve wake a bit this year. I think my family got spoiled as my brother bought a RZX3 so now we are used to a wave with a ton more push. I run 750's in each rear locker, 3-400 under the front seats, and extra 500 under the port bench seat and have 150 pounds of lead in the port under the glove box and 100 pounds of lead in the compartment in front of the driver. I use a Swell wakeshaper which works pretty well. We get an amazingly clean wave and always have, but now that we have surfed the RZX3 it feels like zero push behind our 24ve.

I was thinking of getting the enzo sacs, but after reading this post I don't know. It's really time to upgrade boats but we aren't ready yet.

Comment

Lots of great info guys, thank you. the deck is sitting under the water only at rest. I will try and put the shaper under the lip on the side and see if that works and also list a little more heavy to get rid of that line and the wave curling on my feet. I always thought half of it needed to be out of the water and if it was too low it wouldn't work correctly. I know the 24 needs more weight than the 22 but I can try and move the lead around with the bow and the port side to equal out the percentage. My thought was buying the additional 500 lbs of lead I could add to the bow and port side at the same time. Also planning to raise the deck. I don't have a good pic now but it seems like there are about 3 cuts in the wave. I also am not 100% positive which rear locker sac is in there to know exactly what the weight is. I don't have stock tanks and the bags come up about a foot away from the top of the deck door and the arms go all the way to the ice chest.
                Last edited by lksrfr; 07-22-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

6D2387AA-7353-4436-B672-512E35FF258B.jpg

This is our starboard wave, very clean but not loads of push. For your boat put more weight in the front!

Comment

Wave looks very clean. But thats the port side isn't it?

Comment

A full W712 Enzo should be to underside of the locker opening. A foot below sounds like something else. The W005 would be short like that, but its length is far less then an enzo and would not come close to the cooler on a 24.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'll take a picture of it full this weekend. previous owner filled manually. I had it plumbed before I took delivery. it does fill up the compartment, but its not pushing on the top of the deck and there are hoses that have room on top of the bag. Also assuming that the front v sac is 400? it fills the entire left right and middle seats of the bow. when i say middle I mean the front part where you would normally put an anchor not the walkway.
                        Last edited by lksrfr; 07-22-2019, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lksrfr View Post
                          Wave looks very clean. But thats the port side isn't it?
                          Jeez, yes port side. I only have a bunch of videos of the starboard side (my daughter rides goofy). Starboard side has more push for some reason.

Comment

Just throwing this out there what’s your swim deck looking like? I shaved mine and it made a huge difference.

Comment

Do you have pictures of yours shaved? Mine seems to cut into the wake and I’ve been considering cutting it back a little bit. I’m running the Enzo 1450 sacs in each locker and a 400lb bag in the bow with a shaper. I put 1.5 inch spacers on my swim deck but it’s still cutting into the wake.

Comment

Working...
                              X