RZ2- Reroute Front Ballast To Rear Lockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZ2- Reroute Front Ballast To Rear Lockers

Anyone have information on how to reroute front ballast to FatSac rear ballast? I would like to do this so I can use the current switches and pumps for the front to the rear bags. Also helpful with the stock pumps, should they fill from top or bottom? I assume probably best to buy new hoses and leave the current hoses in place in case I want to revert back.
    Thanks

Surprised no one has done this?

Comment

Are you wanting to just use the existing "front" fill pumps, to now fill need sacs going in the rear lockers? Or are you wanting to move water from the already filled front sac, to the new sacs? Or, be able to divert the front fill flow to new rear sacs when desired?

All of these might be doable. However, draining is going to require additional plumbing and pump.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The first - I want to just use the existing "front" fill pumps, to now fill need sacs going in the rear lockers. If I need to use the front sacs, I will manuall fill.

Comment

Are you trying to do this just to cut down on fill time? If so why not just install a couple new pumps fed off a common manifold. Pretty easy setup all in all and you wouldn’t have to mess with your already installed and functioning bow system (which you’ll want IMO unless all your boat friends are massive bow riders)

Comment

The first - I want to just use the existing "front" fill pumps, to now fill need sacs going in the rear lockers. If I need to use the front sacs, I will manuall fill.

Comment

Thats relatively straight forward. You will just need new hose from the pump(s), to the new sac(s). Pump and switch will not know the difference.

Now, as stated, draining is going to the hurdle. You will have to relocate the drain pumps from the existing bow sac, to the new sacs, which will require extending, or running new wire. Then running new hose from the drain pumps, to each drain outlet. Same with the vent line for each new sac. Will have to extend those from the new sacs up to the outlets.

Does your or have the white sac with orange fittings or gray sac?
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I don’t recall and will have to look next time I am at the boat. Pretty sure the pumps are orange

Comment

Not pumps, but sac fittings. White sac with orange fittings or gray sac (fitting color no matte).

Pumps are red with black tops and are Johnson.

Comment

For all the time it's worth I'd suggest just installing another set of pumps for the rear. Stock will be 3/4" line and anything new you would want to run 1" to help with fill times especially if you ever decide to upgrade to large sacs like Mikes 1200lbs sac which I have on dual fill/drain. If you are surfing you will want that bow weight more often....especially when running goofy. As mentioned you can either manifold or drill additional holes which isn't that hard. I'm running 14 pumps altogether in mine.

Comment

Working...
                    X