Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 RZX ballast issues.

Hi,

Looking for opinions. I have a Wakemakers plug and play 750lb setup in my rear lockers. I have to close my fill valves after the full otherwise the bags will empty. Any insight as to a good fix for this issue as the passive draining is a real pain.

Second issue is that it takes 14 minutes to fill the stock ballast and 705lb plug and plays. The fill time seems pretty long compared to neighbors boats of similar size and ballast. We live on a lake and there are many Wake boats for comparison.

Thanks,

Eric

Passive draining is common when we upgrade to larger/taller sacs. We use a specific check valve to address it.

Tige uses a 1200 GPH aerator pump, so the effective flow rate at the sac, can be as low as 900 gph. MC uses a large Johnson ( ), Bu uses 2K GPH aerators and Supra uses 2 720 GPH impeller pumps per sac. So its hard apples to apples comparison.

1200 gph = 20 gpm
    750 lbs = 90 gal
    time = on paper, 4.5 mins to fill the PnP alone. In reality, could be as long as 6 mins.

I cant remember what the sub-floor ballast sac capacity.

On past models, we've been able to add supplementary pumps to the larger sacs.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It takes close to 10 minutes, or 2 white claws, to fill my stock ballast on the same boat. I can see 14 for both, which is right in line with Chp’s math.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

10 minutes, or 2 white claws
        Takes that long to pour two out into the lake
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks all. Ya I tried check valves and it really effected the fill time. I think I am going to add in electric ball valves. I have found some that are normal closed and open under power so they should work well.

The passive draining is a real pain in the ***.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Takes that long to pour two out into the lake
            Haha!! They’re easy sippin, don’t judge!! If I pop a beer it turns in to too many, I’ll be standing on one foot, touching my nose, for some ranger. The white claws make you only want to drink a couple!

Comment

Originally posted by ericatp View Post
              Thanks all. Ya I tried check valves and it really effected the fill time. I think I am going to add in electric ball valves. I have found some that are normal closed and open under power so they should work well.

The passive draining is a real pain in the ***.
              It kinda is what it is, for me. I hit fill all, before I start getting boards and ropes ready, moving lead around, and all that, it’s usually about the time someone is in a vest and ready to ride, that the bags are full.. it works out ok, for us, not that I wouldn’t be interested in finding a faster way to fill, at the same time.

Comment

Well I’ve tried changing the plumbing routes ect. I tried some check valves and I was also not happy so I am not going to replace the stock 1” ball valves for the rear ballast to normal closed electric operated ball valves. They only draw just over 1 Amp so I think the factory wiring to the pump will be enough to operate it. The only complaint I see on the 12v electric ball valves is some heat generated but I figure lake water running though it should help with that issue.

I’ll report back if the solution works. I am tired of having to manually close the valves after I fill.

Eric

Comment

They only draw just over 1 Amp The only complaint I see on the 12v electric ball valves is some heat generated
                  Not an issue as they would only be energized for about 7-10 minutes.

What check vales did you use that drastically effected fill time?

Comment

I picked up the check valves from Wakemakers.

I think the 1” or 1-1/4” (with 1” adaptors) electric ball valves will work good. They draw very little current for a short time. The 1” have an opening of .9” and the 1-1/4” open to 1.1” so I ordered both to see what will work out the best. I’m tired of having to manually close the ball valves every time. It also makes ballast adjustments a pain.

Comment

Wire them into your fill pumps. They open when the pump comes on and close when the pumps turn off. Never have to even think about it.

I’m sure this was your plan all along.

Comment

100%. I think it will work well. Time will tell. ��

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
                          Haha!! They’re easy sippin, don’t judge!! If I pop a beer it turns in to too many, I’ll be standing on one foot, touching my nose, for some ranger. The white claws make you only want to drink a couple!

Saw this and died laughing

FDF6457B-F803-4284-A798-F4076ED56235.jpeg.13f8ed01c65f65b80a03ea2b979078e3.jpeg

Comment

Hahahhaha!! So frigging true!!! I loved zima, for a minute in high school, so it makes sense!! Pretty sure zima had way more sugar, at least I’m dodging that with the Claws!!

Comment

Some of the youth were drinking white claws at a party last night. Seeing the meme with Zima tells me everything I need to know since I didn't try one lol!
                              Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X