X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ballast

Looking to buy tonight
    Boat is 04’ 22v
    Looking at the sumo pump and ballast package!
    Option was either the 850 or the 1000 lb bags
    I do have a 300lb ile bag
    Not sure what it’ll hold as a max ballast weight
    Usually only ride with me and girlfriend

You should contact chpthril on this site.
    He is the go to for ballast and stereo information, set up, troubleshooting etc...
    Mike can answer your questions and get you in the right direction.

Comment

Go big, the rear lockers on that boat are massive.

Comment

granted different boat but my old 22ve I opted for the enzo sac extending up into the middle seat. from chpthril. wave was night and day different.
        always go bigger and would recommend the enzo if you have the space from rear locker to under seats.
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Save your money and do it right the first time. Get with chpthril and do it once and be done.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I’m going to go with the Enzo bags

Comment

As said, save your time and go through Chptril, I have same boat, same year, what prop is on the boat?
              I have found mine wants a ton of wgt up front, literally... running 1300 up there now.

Port rear- 1300lbs
              Starboard rear 1000lbs
              bow 1300
              Swell shaper all the way back lowest it'll go
              speed 11 - 11.5
              taps 3-4

Comment

Any issue with the Enzo bags and the rear floor speaker wire terminals? Seems like the under seat extension would press up against the wires where they connect into the back of the speakers and possibly cause issues or be exposed to sharp edges and potentially puncture the sac. I know from working on the boat and crawling in the lockers my feet bump against the wires and knock them loose on occasion.

I also rely on those areas for storage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aspidaso View Post
                  As said, save your time and go through Chptril, I have same boat, same year, what prop is on the boat?
                  I have found mine wants a ton of wgt up front, literally... running 1300 up there now.

Port rear- 1300lbs
                  Starboard rear 1000lbs
                  bow 1300
                  Swell shaper all the way back lowest it'll go
                  speed 11 - 11.5
                  taps 3-4
                  Looks pretty close to my 05 22v setup. I have 1000 lbs in each rear locker. 600 lb under seat sack in the bow and find my wave improves when I add another 300 lb sack in the front aisle. Taps at 4 and 11.5 mph. I rarely have a large crew to experiment with more bow weight. With that much weight in the rear I find placing my suck gate above the hull step gives me a better wave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yai have been trying to get away from the wgt upfront, wifey doesn't like the bag in the aisle way, so far no go this boat likes that front loaded so time for some more lead.

I played with shaper position a lot this past weekend ended up with the swell just under the taps sticker (under the "2") above the step but as low as it could go, best compromise between push and clean wave. If I go down on step it steepens wave, if I move it fwd it gets steeper with more push but then the wave gets messy.

Spoke with a guy who just old his 22v who has the same set up as us but he has lead spread out in specific spots and goes without a shaper, says he has better push and of course better fuel consumption.

PS and I have since with with taps at 4-5
                    Last edited by Aspidaso; 08-01-2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X