Bracing engine dividers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bracing engine dividers

Ok so my ballast bags will pop my engine dividers every time.

Looking for ideas to brace them and keep them off the motor, I tried a 3 foot log of angle iron (aluminum) each side on the bottom, what ever material is used for the storage lockers in rear for the floor just wont hold the screws and these get bent back to motor and screws come right out.

Boat is a 22v, suggestions?

I made mine out of 3/4 plywood put several coats of epoxy on them then carpet. The 1/2" sin board they were made of would just warp again was my thinking. I would hope your stringers would hold screws.if not you might have bigger problems.

Comment

https://www.wakemakers.com/engine-di...nel-saver.html

Comment

Be sure to pre drill the screw holes for your C channel tracks that hold the panels. Dont just run screws into the floor without pre drilling.

Comment

I use #10 x 1.5" screws and only about 12" angle iron with no issues.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Any pics would be appreciated. I was screwing (screws) pretty close to the edge and only using 1/2" long, was afraid to go any deeper. Thought about running a piece of channel along the top as well.

Comment

I used 3/8 aluminum tubing and instead of screws I used zip ties. I drilled holes next to the tubes through the divider. Just fished the ties through the holes and around the tubes. Never had an issue. Everything stays in place

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rz22013 View Post
                I used 3/8 aluminum tubing and instead of screws I used zip ties. I drilled holes next to the tubes through the divider. Just fished the ties through the holes and around the tubes. Never had an issue. Everything stays in place

What do the tubes brace off of? I mean what stops the dividers from moving over?

Comment

Originally posted by Aspidaso View Post
                  What do the tubes brace off of? I mean what stops the dividers from moving over?
                  I have them running vertical running the entire length so the dont move up or down. Then the zip ties keep them from moving side to side.

Comment

Thank you, if by chance you have a picture I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                    X