Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast Bag Repairs - Leaks at connection - Bag separated from connections

Ballast Experts.......

Recently my boat went thru flood and several things had to be repaired by my dealer. Thou they said that they water tested my boat afterwards before I was given back, obviously not all things were checked, one being the ballast bags. I have a 2013 Surf package on my Z3, which is has 350# bags additional in rear and 400# bags in the front. Today we put the boat in and went about normal routine to wake, 75% in rear and 25% in front, and had water running out of the front bags filling the boat instead of the bags. Bilge running and managed to get back to lift.

After inspection found that both bags were leaking at the connections were the pump is connected to empty the bags, the connections were loose and move where the connection is to the bag, this was on both sides of the port and starboard front. The bags were not torn and I was about to put the connection back in place.

Would like feedback please on what glue I should use to get these connections back seal able.

Chpthril or any of you ballast experts have a suggestion what steps I should take to get these operational?

Here are a couple pictures of the connections that are loose.

Chpthril which is my best solution to contacting you for discussing buying a 1000# starboard aft bag designed for my model boat?

IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    Last edited by GregVH; 07-08-2019, 12:08 AM.

The issue is, that those threaded sac ports are "welded" in from the back side, prior to the final sac seam(s) being welded. So repairing the threaded ports that separated from the gray portion of the sac, is nearly impossible.

Is that a singe U shaped bow sac or 2 rectangle sacs.

PM me your email and ill get that info to you.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

They are 2 rectangle sacs. Just my luck. Email coming your way.

I sent you a PM with my email address. I guess we are going to have to go ahead with getting three bags, (1) starboard aft, (2) bow bags, port and starboard.

Thanks Greg
      Last edited by GregVH; 07-08-2019, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X