ballast issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ballast issue

the last couple of times I have gone out, my pumps are working(hear them) but water is not filling the bags....both times I have solved the problem by driving the boat for 10 second or so and turning the pumps back on and they work.
    I am assuming that the "fill holes" on the bottom of the boat are getting clogged up.

By the way, do the bags normally fill while the boat is moving?

What model and year boat?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Could just be air locked. Remove the hose from the bag if possible and suck while the pump is on.....then be real quick to re-connect.lol.

Comment

2018 rzx3

Comment

Originally posted by jakelegg21 View Post

By the way, do the bags normally fill while the boat is moving?
          No. Boat should be static.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Sounds like air lock on the pumps. Likely need to reorient the pump body to get the outlet in a better position.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

When you say reorient them what do you recommend. The reason I ask is I have a 2016 rz2 that I cannot get the bags to empty. Like they leave 20 to 30 gallons in them. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Comment

@Tjrbrady,

Draining is likely a different issue. I think 2016 has the Surf-XL, which is no sub-floor hard tank and only above floor soft sac. Need to confirm this.

Comment

I had the same problem.. Let them empty.. then either roll across the lake for a few minutes, taps on 8, at like 10mph, while hitting empty all again. Being bow high, and moving will get almost every drop out. I’ll usually hit empty, again on the boat ramp, just to make sure.

We get inspected for any residual water, including ballast, at some of our lakes for invasive species, and letting them flush ballast sucks. Figured it out by necessity!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

we follow the same procedure as zack for both the z3 now and our old 22ve. residual water became an issue with the larger sacks we installed. cruising back to the launch bow high and draining always does the trick. there's usually a halfgallon or so left but that's to be expected.
                      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                      X