2014 R20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 R20

I have a 2014 R20. It has the upgraded surf ballast with two 250s in the bow and the 600s in the stern (hard tank and soft tank). I don't know that any of that is relative to my question but I am having issues with one of the stern pumps. The boat obviously has 4 switches for each ballast fill. One of the stern pumps isn't getting power. When I hit the switch the light doesn't light up and it will not drain or fill. I know that if I run all 4 at once it will trip the breaker so that isn't the issue. I removed the black panel under the steering wheel and I know the 4 ACC 10 amp fuses go to the four pumps. None of those are tripped. I removed the panel and there are little black boxes behind it. I thought the fix would be an easy replacement of a 10 amp fuse however I don't see any fuses anywhere. Can anyone help with an suggestions to try? Everything was working fine last year and the only change over the winter was that I had the steering cable replaced last month. Could that have anything to do with it? Thanks!!

Hey man I have the same boat and I was just curious with how fast you run it and at what number for the tabs 2 system.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best bet is to get a test light, start tracing that wire, and check power, and make sure all your grounds are attached. If you have power and ground at the pump, it’s probably the pump itself. Someone yanking a steering cable through could potentially pull something loose.

Hopefully it’s an easy fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A lot of times if the switch wont light then its missing its 12v source power between the fuse and the switch. Id start by checking the fuse. If its blown pump cartridge motor is probably stuck. If you pop a new fuse in and it blow right away then its stuck for sure. You can remove the motor from the plastic housing by pushing in little red tab and twisting left and it will come out. Grab the impeller and try to turn it. If it frees up often times you can replace the fuse and keep using it for a bit until you get a new motor.

Comment

Working...
        X