Air in ballast bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air in ballast bags

Hey TO, I have Enzo style custom bags in my boat and have noticed that when I fill them air gets trapped up in the arm of the bag. Only the air in the main section gets out through the vent but when full, air stays in the arm. I was wondering if anyone here had the same problem or how you would fix it? I have tried pushing the air out manually but it seems to happen every time I fill them.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have check valves in the vent lines? This prevent air from drawing in to the sac when draining.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Do you have check valves in the vent lines? This prevent air from drawing in to the sac when draining.
      Yeah we do have check valves in the vents and drains. That’s what was weird to me is that air should not be coming back in once it’s out and the bags are full but it is somehow finding its way back into the bags.

Comment

Are they my check valves?

Try rolling up the sac to purge all the air out before next filling.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Are they my check valves?

Try rolling up the sac to purge all the air out before next filling.
          Yes they are from you Mike

Thanks I will try that next time

Comment

Working...
          X