Wakesurf Edge Mega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakesurf Edge Mega

Hello First post here, brought home our new(to us) 2007 tige 24ve. My question is does anyone have any experience with the Wakesurf Edge Mega vs. the normal one. It seems like on this hull the massive unit is going to be partly below the boat line in order to fit under the lip. I haven't taken the boat out and have purchased the Mega but want to return it for the normal one before I take it out if that is the route I need to go. The boat is equipped with two enzo sacs in the rear and a V sac in the front.

I use my homemade shaper that is similar to the nauticurl and we have a great wave with large custom sacs in the rear and two bow bags along with 600 in lead. The size of the shaper really doesn’t matter in my opinion. We run a slight list so not level but not as leaned over as we would be without the shaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2009 24ve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

supposedly it will have more displacement creating a longer wave. I don't know all the science behind the shapers. It just seems most stay within the confines of the side of the boat and it appears this one will go below that.

Comment

Recommend reaching out to Troy Tegeder at Wakesurf Edge - he's good people and will answer whatever questions you may have. He can be reached at info@lakesurf.com

Comment

thank you very much, I will do that now.

Comment

I have tried a handful, I like the style where the blade is far back as possible. So mission delta or Nauticurl. Most do basically the same, but the two mentioned had slightly better waves for us.
              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                I have tried a handful, I like the style where the blade is far back as possible. So mission delta or Nauticurl. Most do basically the same, but the two mentioned had slightly better waves for us.
                So you run the delta with the blade on the stern side of the suction cup handle?

Comment

Yes I can confirm that. A blade as far back on the VE hull is very beneficial. On say a z3 what I’ve noticed is a less steep angle works best.

Comment

Seems like it’d be tough to fit the big wakesurf edge on the flat part of the side. I have an 07’ 22ve and the shapers I make have an angled cutout on the bottom of the plate to accommodate the ledge on the 22/24 VE and the RZ2/4. Getting a shaper to stick above the ledge is problematic because of the curved side.

9F69CFFA-0AC2-47A6-B5FA-316580F1DC22.jpg

11B6DF34-A33A-4E92-9185-BDC809E6896D.jpg

Comment

I have a nauticurl.
                      Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I'll disagree with bsreid on this one. I found when I put my suckgate as far back as possible on my VE I get spray coming across to the surf side of the wave from the water going over the suckgate. I run mine about 18" up from the end which is right under the Tige logo. This stops the water from reaching around the back of the boat and over the the surf side. I'm also a big believer in suckgate and list. Personally found that I don't get a very good wave running flat.

Comment

Originally posted by lksrfr View Post
                          Hello First post here, brought home our new(to us) 2007 tige 24ve. My question is does anyone have any experience with the Wakesurf Edge Mega vs. the normal one. It seems like on this hull the massive unit is going to be partly below the boat line in order to fit under the lip. I haven't taken the boat out and have purchased the Mega but want to return it for the normal one before I take it out if that is the route I need to go. The boat is equipped with two enzo sacs in the rear and a V sac in the front.
                          Came across this great comparison, different boat/hull but nonetheless...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wGjJDaF3kw

Comment

Well the Mega did not work with the boat, It produced a nice wave but after about 2 or 3 pulls the boat would go into limp mode. I was running enzo sacs on each side and a bow bag with the shaper. stock prop at lake powell which is about 4000 feet. Ran listed for the remainder of the trip and no limp mode unless I put the mega shaper on. was odd also I didn't get a wave until I hit around 12.4 mph. anything in the 10.8 range was just whitewash.

Comment

Originally posted by lksrfr View Post
                              Well the Mega did not work with the boat, It produced a nice wave but after about 2 or 3 pulls the boat would go into limp mode. I was running enzo sacs on each side and a bow bag with the shaper. stock prop at lake powell which is about 4000 feet. Ran listed for the remainder of the trip and no limp mode unless I put the mega shaper on. was odd also I didn't get a wave until I hit around 12.4 mph. anything in the 10.8 range was just whitewash.
                              Could just be your cruise speed is off, did you verify with GPS?

Been sniffing around a MEGA myself...

Comment

Working...
                              X