Bow weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow weight

Working through getting the bugs ironed out of our new (to us) 2006 24V. Thanks to all for the help so far. I've read every thread on here about ballast set up for this hull, and I'm curious as to why bow weight seems to be so critical? Our last boat was a 23' centurion concourse. I used 1100 sacs on the surf side locker, 400 ish surf side seat and a fat brick on the swim deck to produce a very good wave. Never tried bow weight, and it seemed the same for similar boats of friends (Avys, Enzos).

My current plan is to run the custom "enzo" sac on the port side and 1100 in the starbd locker, both full as possible and try a nauticurl or similar 2079 prop. I haven't tried it yet, so no idea how this will work. I'd like to avoid using v sacs in the nose as I like all that storage, but will sacrifice if needed. (it also seems like a PITA to deal with water up there).

Is it an absolute necessity? Don't need a monster, just a clean wave with enough push for my 240# a**.
    Thoughts?

The hull of a Centurion and Tige are quite different, so their setups will be different. With that amount of rear ballast, you will need bow weight, or it will likely not want to plane out to surfing speed. This is not a hull thing.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Being a 24v it may change slightly but on my 22VE I run minimal bow weight (maybe half full) on the port side unless I'm extra heavy with people. The starboard side however loves bow weight so much that I run a few hundred on top of the bow sac being full. This is also based on a suck gate and listed. I personally don't believe in the running flat as I don't find it makes as good as a wave.

There is a thread on here that talks about bow weight in the 24V/VE.

Comment

I have a 24ve and run about 500lbs in the bow and a similar setup you will have in the rear. I found that bow weight is only needed when running that much weight in the rear. Without the bow weight the wave is way too short and steep. The bow weight makes the wave much longer and a lot better transition without losing much height. This also gives more push on my wave because you want as much of the hull displaced in the water as possible which is created with some weight in the bow. It really helps sink the boat. Then adjust based on preference with the taps plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all the replys. I have a 750# sac that I will throw on the floor in the bow (no filler cusion) and see what it does. Has anyone tried it that way, or is everyone sold on the v shaped under seat sac? Now if it'll just stop snowing
          Last edited by jackfly; 04-12-2019, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X