2019 RZX3 surf wave help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 RZX3 surf wave help

Hey guys just picked up a '19 RZX3...coming from a '15 23 LSV with PnP. Im trying to figure out how to get the surf dialed in. The Malibu 23 LSV with PNP with Surfgate was just damn easy. Huge wave and clean on both sides weighted evenly. Im my opinion one of the best waves ive seen.

Ive tried running the RZX3 evening weighted with only me in the boat with taps set at 4(surf) and 4(center plate) and several other settings with no luck, super washed out. How do I get a clean wave while running it evenly weighted so I can switch sides on the fly? Does this boat have to listed to get a nice wave? If so whats the point of the being able to transfer on the fly? The only way I was able to get a decent wave was by draining off 20-30% the non surf side to create a slight list. Ive been told that putting 400 lbs of lead in the bow and swapping out the 560 for 750's would help.

How do I make this wave better than the 23 LSV with PNP & Power Wedge?

Any advice would greatly help!
    Last edited by factorykitted; 04-04-2019, 04:32 AM.

Welcome!

This thread has become kind of the go to for RZX/RZX3 surf wave set up:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ht=RZX+ballast

You should post up some pictures of your wave so we can help you get pointed in the right direction. With your settings at 4-4, you should have been able to get a wave pretty much no matter what. So not sure what you mean by super washed out. While my wave is not fully dialed in yet, the tip of 10 degrees bow high and 5 degrees of list really got me in the right direction. Of course if you are doing transfers keep the weight balanced and use your taps plates to get the list. If you're not doing transfers, try to get your ballast to get you at 10* and 5*, using the plates for clean up work. At first, adding a bunch of ballast isn't the answer. Learn to dial the wave in with just the factory weight. Once you have that working well, start adding PNP weight and watch the changes and the adjustments needed to clean the wave up.

Comment

I have a 2018 RZX3 with the PNP. I can dial my wave in with the following setting. Fill the boat until water is spitting out the overfill tubes on all bags. I found that the timers needed adjustment. So keep filling until you see water coming out of all the overfill tubes, verify your extra bags actually fill. Once filled, drain about 20% off of the non surf side. Start with both Taps settings at 4. Then adjust one plates to see how the effect the wave. Increase, speed. My boat likes to surf between 11.5 and 12, we even sometime will go as high as 13 just for fun I throw about a 3ft want with curl on the end. Close to 20ft in length or longer and rideable in the curl. You should also verify that the plates are working correctly.

Comment

FWIW we run the Sumo 800s in the rears for anybody chasing that perfect wave. Thats going to help. Id check the thread linked above.
        Last edited by freeheel4life; 04-04-2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

If you aren’t running added now weight I wouldn’t really jump on having larger rear bags and you the stock 560 fills the majority of the locker. Having a bit of list does help when making a decent wave, usually a couple people work sufficiently or some lead in the surf locker.
          Some pictures of the wave would definitely help us out.

Comment

OP,

The Bu does make a nice looking wave, but I assure you the RZX wave is much firmer and has significantly more push, so be excited that you made the right decision.

My 19' RZX3....Our RZX is set up with the PNP 550's in the rear and we have 150lbs of lead in the anchor storage in the bow. Damn good set up, with a light or full crew.

Pick a side:

Reg:
            100% all around, draining 10-15% offside rear
            Taps @ 4 and Surf between 7-9, depending how you steep you want it
            Speed roughly 11.1-11.5 (larger the crew, faster the speed)

Goof:
            100% all around, draining 10-15% offside rear
            Taps @ 4-5 and Surf between 7-9, depending how you steep you want it
            Speed roughly 11.2-11.5 (larger the crew, faster the speed)

On transfer waves, ill add a few percent back into the offside rear bags, and then change my setting up just a hair on the surf(higher #), to give it a little more help...

* You can run even weight, just adjust your crew as so. I rather adjust ballast so that I'm not barking at my crew and it makes it more enjoyable for everyone.
            ** Another tip is to have your wake view rear seat flipped out, and have ppl scoot as your rider transitions. The RZX really likes weight there too, even if not transferring.

Reach out anytime and good luck. Note that these settings are only as good as your last firmware update. Somewhere between MY17 and MY19, the surf # suggestions were reversed.
            Last edited by BLucas86; 04-04-2019, 07:28 PM. Reason: typo
            -Brandon Lucas
            Houston, Tx

Comment

The above thread helped me a ton, it has you adjusting to the boats running angles, more than anything else.

Just to reiterate, you’re probably going to want to time out your bags, to make sure they’re filling and emptying fully. That percentage on the screen doesn’t mean a thing if your timers are off... I don’t run any PnP, but do run up to 1200# of lead, and as much crew as I can manage. I generally don’t do a bunch of transitions, but have played with it, somewhat. I run ballast full, then use lead on rider side, middle, and the bow to help me plane.

Elevated and Bsreid both gave me some really good advice on some stuff I was getting wrong, and some changes I had to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
              X