Ronix eight.3 21v lockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronix eight.3 21v lockers

My last Tige 21v I had put Fly High bags, 1100 rear and w711 upfront. With 2 pumps it still felt like it took forever to fill and I absolutely hated dealing with the pumps and the locking mechanism. I ended up selling the boat to fund a non boat project last year but now I’ve got two 21v that I’m looking to buy. I’m not quite ready to shell out the money to get the future boat plumbed but plan to later on.

I know the Ronix eight.3 fills a 1/3rd of time it take to fill the fly high with the standard pump. It just looks like telescope would be difficult to get to in order to pump out the ballast. Anyone have any experience with these bags in the 21v??

I haven't used them in a rear locker, but I imagine as long as its positioned right so that you can still unzip the big orage sock then you should be fine. I always just use them on the floor to simulate people weight when diagnosing power complaints.
    They do pump water fast as AF. Seen a couple now that have the hose break/come off at the pump and are darn near impossible to fix. Pretty sure Ronix warrantied them, but dont quote me on that. Just be careful yanking on that pump end side of the line.
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 03-24-2019, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Fly High now offers a 1600 GPH over the side pump, just an FYI. I dont see why the telescopic opening would be hard to access in the rear locker. Is this style sac offered in a desired size/weight? if the long term plan to plumb in the sacs, are the expense of one or more of those hi-flow pumps worth it? Compare the cost and flow rate of one of the ronix hi-flow pumps to 3 1600 GPH pumps.

Just some food for there for 007.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Fly High now offers a 1600 GPH over the side pump, just an FYI. I dont see why the telescopic opening would be hard to access in the rear locker. Is this style sac offered in a desired size/weight? if the long term plan to plumb in the sacs, are the expense of one or more of those hi-flow pumps worth it? Compare the cost and flow rate of one of the ronix hi-flow pumps to 3 1600 GPH pumps.

Just some food for there for 007.
        I’m selling two with a pair of pumps...

Check out what I found on Facebook Marketplace. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6075648183063/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just wasn’t happy with the Tsunami pump and hose. The twist locking mechanism drove me nuts. I was on a friend’s boat last year and they had an additional bow sack they filled. It was a sumo max and it looked effortless compared to the fly high system, or maybe I was doing it wrong.

I had sold my boat I had actually planned on having you plumb the fly high sacks but went a different direction. Now I’m picking up another 21v. I remember the 1100 seemed pretty crammed in there and I’m not even sure if I filled them up the full amount. I was thinking about doing 850s this round. Ronix was first alternative that popped up but the zipper issue seems common after reading some reviews. What about the sumo bags? I jumped gun and bought a bow bag because I got a deal on it but looking at it doesn’t seem it’s remotely same shape as w711 from memory.

Comment

Fly High also moved to a coil reinforced hose in stead of that clear vinyl hose that was prone to collapse with the weight of the pump in the water and the hose draped over the side.

The Fly High 1100 Jumbo Surf is larger then the locker for sure. We estimate it to hold about 900 in those boats. As long as a sac is allowed to vent and not fill like a balloon, this is rarely an issue for the sac or locker. We can always investigate a custom shape/size, but it would have to use the fly high style quick connect if you are going to manually fill it to start with. No way for us to do that 8.3 telescoping opening.

Bow bag could be an OEM version. Fly High does build some specific for OEMs.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X