Ballast Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast Timers

Hi can someone please explain ballast timers to me or point me to some documentation? thanks in advance.

What year/model boat is this regarding?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hey its a 2014 ASR with pro ballast upgrade (tanks and sacks)
      Display says ballast is empty but when on the trailer i hit empty several times until water actually stops

Comment

Ballast Timers

Originally posted by Allstar1978 View Post
        Hey its a 2014 ASR with pro ballast upgrade (tanks and sacks)
        Display says ballast is empty but when on the trailer i hit empty several times until water actually stops
        Hey bro. All the timers do is set the amount of time that the ballast runs to fill and empty each bag. The percentage it shows has nothing to do with the amount of water, and only how long the timers ran.. I timed out the fill and empty for each corner and set the timers like 20 seconds longer than that number.. if you’re out and filling and dumping a bunch, it gets further off each time. It’s a really poor system, but I guess it’s the best they could do at the time, some of the newer boats actually measure the amount of water.. I’ll remedy this by going either full or empty, every couple of times that I change ballast to start over.. it’s a PIA, but it’s the best system I’ve figured out.. I’ve been told, not 1000% sure, that the static pressure on the boat affects fill and dump times, so unless you’re filling with the exact same weight in the boat, every single time, you could never get those timers precise enough to be 100% accurate..

As far as dumping, mine won’t really fully empty unless I’m as bow high as I can get.. I’ll roll back to the dock at like 10mph with taps on 8 and hit empty a few times, to make sure, and then I’ll hit it again on the ramp, as I accidentally towed who knows how much water home a few times..

Hopefully I didn’t create more confusion with those ramblings.. basically time them out, and play with them until you get it down.. the only way to know if it’s really full is to have your overflows pissing off the side, and fully empty is to hit empty a couple of times until no pissing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Zackdogg; 01-26-2019, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X